Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 15 - 18, 2012

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Well, I woke up feeling sick this morning. I think describing the busy-ness of the past 5 weeks did me in. haha I didn’t fell like walking or even getting ready for church. I told Mary that I was staying home and then I went back to bed for a while.

I did some reading, watched a couple of movies on my computer, cleaned out some of my clothing to give away, had some soup for lunch, took a nice nap, joined Sherry, Manuel, Charlie and Mary for some taco salad for dinner and then went to bed early (7:30pm!!) The sleep did me good!



Monday, July 16, 2012

I didn’t walk again this morning. I was still feeling a little bit yucky and I also was needed at the team house early to take care of some things, so I just stuck around for the morning. I did some computer work and then scheduled some dr appointments for the when I return to the states in August.

Mayela, Lesly, Mary and I went to the Noah’s Ark Feeding Center to provide a celebration for the kids. Eddy is the director at the Feeding Center and our newest employee of VOH. He was introduced and procedures were repeated for the kids and parents. Then the fun with the piñata began. It was like a mosh pit once the candy fell from the piñata. I got a little bit of a video of it for my facebook page, but I wasn’t fast enough to catch when the candy fell. It was crazy!

Then the kids got their food. As they were leaving the serving table, Mary handed them a little toy as a special gift. Pastor Pedro was sick, but attended the celebration. Everyone had a great time.

After lunch, I spent the rest of the afternoon on the computer doing Feeding Center stuff. By the end of the afternoon, we didn’t have internet. Charlie, Manuel, Sherry and Mary went to the movies. I took Jeremy home after a long day of him working on the new VOH website with Charlie.

I watched a movie on my computer and then went to bed early. I’m kind of liking these earlier bedtimes!!

It was a nice day of celebrating what God is doing here and how blessed we are to be a part of so much ministry. We are blessed to serve!



Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I got up and walked 4 miles this morning. It’s a holiday in León and some of the streets will be blocked off near the Cathedral La Mercedes. I walked down to Central Park and it was already blocked off at 7am. I got to wave to my favorite money changer guy, Luis, and came back to the hotel.

After some computer work in the morning, Mayela and I went to La Quimera Feeding Center. We had to go way around downtown because of the street closings. Since the streets are alternating one-ways, it can be crazy. We finally made it out of town and enjoyed the long, hot drive.

After lunch, I finally got the chance to print off some major files that I had been working on over the last few weeks. That sure felt good!!!

Charlie and Jeremy needed info and a pic from me to put on the new VOH website (which they have been working many, many hours on). I got that sent to them. I used a picture that my friend Mindy (photographer) took of me for the wall display at FBCR. I think it’s cheesy, since it’s me, but it’s a good quality picture, so we’ll use it.

I downloaded the pictures that I had taken at Noah’s Ark Feeding Center. And I gave my brain the rest of the afternoon off.

Mary taught her sewing class in the hot sewing room and then retired for the evening.

I went to my room and had some leftovers for dinner and then got on the computer to do some NYC tourist research for my trip with my sister in Sept. Before I knew it, it was time for bed (8:30 – I told you I was going to bed earlier these days). I put the movie away that I had been planning on watching and went to bed to read for an hour or so before I fell asleep. It was a good day.



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I got up and walked 4 miles again. It sure feels good! I’m so hot and sweaty when I get back to the team house, but the cold shower feels wonderful! I had oatmeal for breakfast. I’ve been trying to do the oatmeal thing everyday again like I did when I was taking better care of myself.

I worked on – you guessed it – Feeding Center stuff on the computer during the rest of the morning.

Mayela, Lesly and Mary went to do the Celebration at the Monte Horeb Feeding Center. The kids got a piñata and toys along with their meal for the day. They had a great time.

Charlie and Jeremy worked all day on the VOH website. It’s going to be really nice.

I made some bookmarks with the Fruit of the Spirit on them for the Women’s Bible Study. I was almost through laminating and cutting them when I realized that I had misspelled a word. Oh well, I told the ladies that I was just trying to see if they were paying attention.

Estefanie got here right after a downpour. We left for La Quimera and go to the church just before the ladies arrived.

We had an AWESOME Bible Study. They ladies are participating in it so much. They love coming, I love teaching it and Estefanie is loving translating it. God is really blessing us ALL in this study.

I stopped by On the Run for my favorite chicken sandwich to bring home to eat. I was so excited to see that my yummy V8 Splash Orange/Carrot Juice was back in stock!!! Woohoo!!! Then I took Estefanie home. The roads were already getting crazy crowded for tomorrow’s holiday, so we went a different way to her house. She got to show me the church that her sister attends. After dropping her off at home, I got back to the team house and enjoyed my sandwich!

Mary, Sherry and Manuel had went to Suyapa for dinner. Charlie had stayed back to work with Jeremy some more on the website. Mary brought him a shrimp dinner home from Suyapa.

I worked a little with Charlie on tracking which church has which Feeding Center book. I’ll get with Mayela on Friday to see which version we’ve sent. It takes a team!

I went to my room and got my shower and got on facebook for a little while. Then it was time to read and settle in for the night. Tomorrow is a big holiday here in Nicaragua. It’s Independence Day and thousands of people are heading to Managua for celebrating. Those still at home are celebrating, too. Of couse, there are fireworks. They do fireworks for everything down here! All the staff are off tomorrow, so we’ll just have a nice day of hanging around the team house. Another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment