Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday, July 23, 2012

It’s been a good day. I walked 4 miles this morning. I tried going faster to improve my time. It’s mostly an incline, sometimes more than others, and the pavement/sidewalks are treacherous, but I still make good time. I love my walk. Once I get myself out the door!

After my shower, I helped Leana in the kitchen, since Erika is sick today. Leana is so much fun! She trusted me to cut up grapes, clean the celery and dry the dishes. Not much, but it was helpful.

I ran over to the Hulsey’s house to pick up Sherry and bring her over to the team house. Then I got on the computer for awhile.

The team left at 7:30am to do some Fiestas and street ministry. Their lunch was delivered to them in the field and then they did more Fiestas in the afternoon. They finally got back to the team house about 4:30. They were very tired and hot and sweaty. I think some were a little bit dehydrated. It’s hard to make yourself drink enough water when there aren’t sufficient bathrooms in some of the places we serve. They got refreshed and rested while they listened to Sherry tell Manuel’s story. Only one person on the team had been here before, so it was new to them all. While we had dinner (spaghetti and cheese biscuits) Manuel preached and led some singing. He loves to have an audience.

I finally got my Newsletter out via email. I got a lot of other computer stuff done, too. Mayela had some work on the computer to do, so we didn’t venture out to a Feeding Center today. The office printer went haywire, so she’ll need to stay here tomorrow to get a picture book printed for the team. We’ll make it to a couple of Feeding Centers later in the week. They are doing pretty well. We just like to check in and also get updated pics and info.

My shoulders and upper back were bothering me, so I asked Mayela for a shoulder and neck massage. She is a masseuse, so she loves doing that. She carries her oil with her. She ended up having me come to my room and giving me a full back, shoulder and neck massage. It was wonderful! She said that I’m so tight in my back and shoulders that I need another massage on Wednesday. OK!!

I met with Pastor Brian for a short meeting this morning about the Children’s Ministry at La Quimera Church. Sherry and Mike have given me the go-ahead to follow up on God’s nudging me to help organize the Children’s Ministry for La Quimera and San Jacinto churches. I’ll also help the Monte Horeb church when the time’s right. I’m excited about it. I’ll be sharing more info later about how it will work, what is needed and how donors can help. I’ll be bringing supplies and materials back from the states with me in October.

I drove Leana home tonight after dinner. She brings a 5 gallon bucket to fill up with leftovers and scraps to feed their pig. She had a big load and the wait for the bus was going to be long. Then she has to walk quite a ways to her house. Sherry asked me to drive her home. I’ve only been there once before, but Leana was happy that I could remember the way. She introduced me to her 4 sons. They are precious!

I got back to the team house and the group is worshiping and I’m enjoying it. Now time to post this, get my book out and retire for the night.

God is so good and I am truly thankful for ALL His blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment