Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Newsletter June/July 2012

Buenas Nuevas de Nicaragua (Junio y Julio 2012)

It’s July 23, 2012. It’s been a tremendously busy summer!!! It’s been one of our busiest ones yet! Our weekly ministries are going strong and keeping us busy, even when we don’t have teams here. (And I’ve STILL been praying for better discipline of my time…)

I made my trip to Indiana May 24-31, to visit family and do paperwork to finalize my Dad’s estate. It was a good trip. It went very fast. Sandy had something on the schedule for every day. It was good to get to see everyone, too. I brought back lots of ministry supplies in my suitcases!

We’ve had many teams so far this year. 2 teams in March over Spring Break, 1 team in May, and starting on June 9, we’ve had 5 weeks of back to back teams. One comes in the day the other one leaves. It’s been crazy to get the rooms switched over with new linens and bathrooms cleaned and groceries bought and everything. But it’s a great challenge to meet!!! We had a one week break and now have our last team of the summer.

We are very thankful for each and every person who comes to serve with us. Our Nica support team and the workers from the churches we minister with have been awesome this summer, too. A lot of hard work goes into the weeks (and months) before a team gets here, especially when it’s a Crusade week. Hundreds of Nica people are involved on the front end, during the ministry week, and then in the weeks (and months) after doing follow up and discipleship.

The Women’s Bible studies at La Quimera Church have been better and better each week. The ladies are loving the study on “The Call to Follow Christ”. I have handouts ready for them in Spanish each week. We study the lessons in detail and have a lot of question and answer time. I’m thrilled with the feedback that I get from the women. They are really participating and are loving it.

The church at La Quimera is still going well. God is really blessing through Pastor Brian and his wife. There are a lot of lay people stepping up, also. The Feeding Center is doing great. The rain has held off most of the time during this ‘rainy season’ and the kids have been able to be fed every day. The kids have all received ID cards with their pictures and names on them to help keep things organized. They love having something with their picture on it.

We’ve started another Feeding Center at San Jacinto community. It’s awesome. It’s a smaller community, so there are only about 76 kids there, but the team of volunteer cooks are so appreciative and ready to work. It’s amazing and such an encouragement to us! Pastor Yader is doing a good work in that very poor and struggling community. He even has a soccer team put together that plays the soccer team from our other church plant, La Quimera. Both teams are going to have jerseys, courtesy of some generous teams that have come this summer. How fun! Mary is taking care of providing the jerserys for the team at San Jacinto. They have kind of adopted her as their mascot I think. ☺

Mary and I are both still teaching our Sewing Classes. We are winding down for the summer and will have a 2 month break while Mary and I are in the states. When we get back in October, we’ll concentrate more on making marketable items so the women can help to support their families.

The Feeding Center at Monte Horeb (Sewer Ponds) is going great. The kids there also received ID cards with their pictures and names. Those are a big hit. We’re still praying for donations to build a shelter for the kids to stand under and hopefully eat their meals on site. The kids love getting the wholesome meals each day. And we love providing them!

I’m still working on being disciplined with my health. I’ve been trying to walk most mornings now. I try to leave the team house about 6 or 6:30am and get back by 7 or 7:30am. Then I get my shower, have my oatmeal and then get to work. Discipline is such a hard thing for me to grasp. I surely need God’s strength for that!!!

I need to dedicate more time to my Spanish lessons each day. (another discipline problem) I’m working hard on listening to people, which is dificult sometimes with my hearing problem. But I’m determined to learn and become fluent. I know that God can give me divine abilities to learn and speak. I’m praying for that.

The summer has been so busy with back to back teams that I haven’t had much time to visit with friends. I see some of the translators when they are working with the teams, but since I have other ministry duties and don’t go out with them during the day, I miss spending time with them. But I love getting to live here most of the year, so I eventually get time to visit.

I’m still working on my website vickiecline.com. I’m going to make an appointment with my friend who is working on it for me. I’ll find out what all he needs for me to have ready for him and then we can get together one day when I’m back in the States and we’ll get it put together.

Speaking of websites… the VOH website has been updated and is great! Check it out at www.centralamericahope.org

My plans are to be in the States Aug 13 – Oct 16, then I’m back to Nica until Jan 28. I hope to spend the month of February in the States and then back here to Nica March – August 2013. I’m so blessed to get to be here serving and doing the things that God blesses my heart with. He has prepared me to do this work (teaching Bible Study, teaching sewing and crafts, organizing, and computer work, interacting with all types of people, etc). He places those desires on my heart. I ask Him to only let HIS desires touch me and not to let my own self get in the way. He is Faithful and Awesome!!!

I mentioned the great teams that we have had this summer. There have been 4 Crusades so far. These are city-wide events with services each night. There have been over 10,000 people accept Christ this summer alone. A lot of work goes into putting on these Crusades and a lot of follow up happens by the churches in that particular city. It’s been awesome!! God has prepared the way and the workers have been preparing themselves and coming to serve. The Harvest is truly Plentiful!!!

We give God all the Glory and Honor for everything that He allows us to accomplish in His Name here in Nicaragua. And we want to continue to make it possible for as many teams as possible to come to Nica to be a part of this great work. Be praying about whether God is calling you to come and join us. We’re here almost year round and there are souls to be saved all year long. Let God lead you in His plan for your participation.


God is moving in many ways here (as He is all over the world) and it’s so fun to be a part of it. I’m thankful that He has brought me where He wants me to be. I’m thankful for you, too, for being a supporter and prayer partner. Thank you for being obedient to God’s call to help me be here. I share the blessings with you!


Pictures can be seen on my Facebook page. (and soon on my website)

I can be reached at vickiejocline@yahoo.com, facebook, twitter, skype,
US cell 479-270-0727, personal mail: PO box 567, Rogers AR 72757


I can be supported through: (be sure to note the funds are for my support)
Voice of Hope Ministries FBC Rogers
PO Box 1780 3364 W Pleasant Grove Road
Rogers AR 72757 Rogers AR 72758
centralameriahope.org (donate button)


Praises:
* VOH team is growing (many workers are needed)
* Team from various churches served at the Ronnie Hill Crusade in Estelí
* Teams from Highridge Church, Ft Worth TX, Lifesong Baptist Church, Harrisonburg VA, and Temple Baptist Church, Searcy AR served at the Crusade in Posoltega
* Team from Crosslife Church, El Dorado AR served at the Crusade in La Paz Centro
* Team from Highland Baptist Church, New Iberia LA
* Team from Westside Baptist Church, Harrisonburg VA
* Team from Abba’s House, Hixon TN served in the Crusade in El Viejo
* Feeding Center at La Quimera community
* Feeding Center at Monte Horeb community
* Feeding Center at Noah’s Ark church
* Feeding Center at San Jacinto community
* Meeting new people all the time
* All of our health has been relatively good & teams have traveled safely
* Thankful that God has put the desires and passions in my life to prepare for His work


Prayers:
* Health and safety for me and the VOH staff
* More teams to answer the call to come and serve with us in Nica
* Financial support for the ministry
* Financial support for me personally
* Improved language skills
* Discernment and wisdom when teaching classes
* Safety (for everyone) when I’m driving in Nica
* Future VOH workers
* Discernment and Wisdom for the Hulseys as they lead the ministry
* That I not miss even one opportunity to share Christ


Romans 9:17
“I raised you up for this very purpose that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”


I Timothy 1:12, 16
“How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve Him… so that He could use me as a prime example of His great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in Him and receive eternal life.”

Romans 10:15
“How can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news”.”



Thank you for helping proclaim the Name of Jesus to all the earth!!

¡Bendiciones!

Following Him Always,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment