Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

No walk this morning. Still feeling kind of yucky in the mornings. But did go to breakfast with Charlie and Mary at a little restaurant that Mike likes to go to. I had the waffles and they were good! Charlie had breakfast burritos and Mary had an ‘american’ breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries and toast. It was all pretty good.

I got back to the team house and did some computer work on the Feeding Centers. And I caught up with inputting some email addresses into distribution lists. Then I ate a little bit of lunch and rested in my room for a while. I wasn’t feeling good at all, but couldn’t tell why. I closed the window and door and turned on the A/C and napped a little bit. I felt a little better when I got up to get ready for Bible Study.

Estefanie got here and we took off to La Quimera for Bible Study with the ladies. It was another good class. I love that the ladies want to discuss the scripture and have lots of feedback. I passed out some Bibles that I had bought for the new ladies. I’m so thankful that God blessed me with the funds to purchase those right now.

The ladies from Bible Study said I cannot leave Nica. They are going to lock me in the church next week and not let me leave. I told them that I eat a lot of food and they will have to feed me. They were taking that into consideration!

I took Estefanie home and then went to Jeremy and Kelly’s house to get them and take them to dinner at Al Carbón. I love that place! They really liked it, too. We had so much fun talking and laughing. Kelly only speaks Spanish so I gave my Spanish skills a huge workout. If I couldn’t understand I could ask Jeremy to translate, but they both gave me the chance to work things out on my own. The food was delicious and the weather great. The restaurant is open to the outside in the middle and there is a fountain in the middle of some flowers. Really nice. I just loved it!

On the way to the restaurant, we got caught in a demonstration near the park that is being remodeled. This was by a group of young protesters who have issues with the trees being cut down and the other improvements that are being made. They were blocking the street and holding posters. There was a guy on stilts and in some kind of costume. One guys read a long statement while holding a microphone. It was not all that much fun for me and I was glad that it was over. I asked Jeremy what they were saying and he said they were unhappy that the trees were getting cut down. I said I wasn’t too thrilled with them blocking the street either, but I wasn’t making any speeches. Sheesh! But we made it to the restaurant and had a great time, anyway.

After I took Jeremy and Kelly home, I came home to the team house and showered and got ready for bed. Then I caught up on some facebook stuff watched a video. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment