Saturday, August 4, 2012

Friday, August 3, 2012

I woke up early and spent some time ready my Bible at random. I like doing that sometimes just to see what God has tucked away for me in unplanned places.

I got a lot of computer work done in the morning, as well as doing a couple loads of laundry. I’m feeling the need to get a lot of loose ends tied up in the next week since I’ll be leaving for 2 months in the states on the 13th. I need to take some stuff with me to work on from there, as well as get stuff in good shape here to leave for others to follow along.

Being in Nica so much now, it really does feel like a ‘vacation’ trip to the states to see family and friends, take care of personal business and doctor visits, etc. I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of people in these 2 months. I’ll be traveling from AR to IN and to NYC then back to IN and back to AR before returning to Nica on Oct 16. Gonna be a blast!

Anyway, Mayela and I visited the Monte Horeb Feeding Center today and on the way, we stopped at the printer/copy place so that I could get some documents copied for Bible Study. It felt good to get it taken care of. We also stopped at a store so that she could a gift for her mom. The visit to the Feeding Center was nice. It’s great to see and recognize the kids. Wendy came running and gave me a big hug. She is such a sweetie! I got to get a picture of her with me. She has a cute haircut. She’s just adorable.

We got back to the team house and had lunch. Then Mayela blessed me with a massage. She is very good at it and I enjoyed it very much. Buster the dog was in the room with us and sprawled out on the floor to relax. Mayela had to keep stepping over him. At the end of my massage, Mayela covers my back and has me lay there for 5 minutes or so to keep the relaxed feeling. She leaves the room. Well, the lock on my door can be so cantankerous sometimes. She kept trying to get the key to turn and it was stuck. She was trying to be quiet and not disturb me. Finally, she gave up and said ‘sorry’ and set on the edge of the bed in silence. It was funny.

In the afternoon, Mary and Charlie went with Jorge and Manuel to the movies. Sherry and Mike went home for a while. Everyone else was out working. Lesly, Mayela, Jaasiel and I were the only ones at the team house. They decided to go swimming. They don’t wear bathing suits, especially skimpy ones, here in Nica. They usually swim (if they swim) in shorts and a cami or tank top. We scrounged around for shorts and shirts for them to wear in the pool. They kept asking me to join them, so I relented and did. I didn’t want to wear my bathing suit (which is very modest, by the way) when they were wearing shorts and tanks, so I found some shorts and a tank for me to wear. We had fun in the water and laughed a lot. It was a great afternoon.

There was a meeting with a lawyer from Managua about the requirements of our new status of NGO here in Nica. I couldn’t hear very well at the big table, and the info was mostly for Mike and Sherry and part of the Nica staff, so I went back to my little worktable and got back on my computer. I guess there is a lot of legal mumbo jumbo to go along with the status. Especially being in a third-world country. I’m kind of glad that I don’t have to worry about it. I’ll just pray for those who do have to deal with the paperwork and such.

I ordered a few more books off of Amazon.com for my Kindle. I’ve found a mystery writer that I like pretty well and I can get most of his books pretty cheap. That’s the best kind!

Mary and Charlie and I went to a Mexican restaurant and had a delicious meal. I really enjoyed it. I know I’ll be going back there a lot.

We got back to the team house and said goodbye to Charlie, who was leaving at 4am for the airport. He has been in Nica for 9 weeks. It was a very busy time and it went by quickly, but I know he was missing his family very much.

Hard to believe it’s August already. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment