Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday, August 4, 2012

I didn’t sleep hardly at all last night. I think it was from about 11pm to 12:30am. Then I was up the rest of the night. I was trying to read myself back to sleep, but my mind was in a turmoil and I wasn’t even paying attention to the book. I had a very hard night of spiritual warfare going on. I don’t like those nights.

I got up finally and read my Bible and piddled around in my room a little bit. Then I did another couple loads of laundry. I started working on the memory verse cards that I’m making for the ladies at the La Quimera Bible Study. They are turning out pretty nice. I printed them out about 3”x5” and then laminated them. After I cut them apart, I punched a hole in the top and put them on a split ring (like a key ring) so that they can be flipped over and used many times. I hope that the ladies like them. It took a long time to laminate them, but I put a movie in my computer and watched it while working.

The Hulsey’s and Mary went to the soccer game between La Quimera and San Jacinto (2 of our church plants). We have provided the soccer uniforms for both teams. Mary is partial to the San Jacinto team. They had a good time watching the game, but came back before it ended. Mary said her team was ahead when she left.

We had lunch (taco salad) and then everyone did their own thing. Mike was on the computer and then took a nap in one of the hammacks, because he wasn’t feeling well. Sherry got some time in the pool. Buster (the dog) swam some laps in the pool. He is so funny. I got some video of him swimming. Mary was resting in her room. Manuel wanted to play so while I working on the memory verse cards, he pretended like I was a drive up bank and a fast food drive up window. I gave him some of the larger clear pieces of laminate that were left over. He wrote a $ and a number on each one. He was truly ‘making money’ as he pretended to be Sherry’s husband.

I got a nice 2 hour nap. I was needing it after being awake all night. It was very hot, but I had 2 small fans blowing on me. I woke up all sweaty, but rested.

I worked in my room on sorting some personal paperwork and getting documents in order to take to the states with me. I watched a movie in my computer while doing that, too.

I called my 2 sisters and then fixed some pasta for dinner. I’ve been on facebook a little bit and now I’m ready to go to bed and read a while. I think I’ll sleep pretty well tonight. I’ve renounced satan’s hold on my mind by reminding him of how big my God is! Now, if I can just keep reminding myself of that, I will be in pretty good shape!

Time for bed and to rest in God’s peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment