Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday, 3/24 in Nicaragua

Ok, I'm back to being really tired again. But that's okay. We had a full day and many blessings.

We went to a site for VBS this morning and found out that one of the church members had died and the congregation would be going to the family's home tonight. German offered to change our plans, but they wanted us to come to their service anyway. While getting all the details, we were invited to a courtyard of someone's home and given wonderful fruit to eat. Very hospitable, and Yummy!

The VBS went well and the team had a great time with the kids. The street witnessing team was fruitful, too. I really enjoyed the Pastora. She is so friendly and we had a good connection from the start. We did the usual story, crafts, games, music and snacks. Jennifer shared with the women gathered, who were all Christians, and enjoyed hearing about Jennifer's testimony and life as a Christian woman in the US. Rydder came up with some great Bible trivia questions, for which, the prizes were the acrylic tags that Jerry had made, which said Jesús te Ama and Jesús Vive. I got to talk to a young man for a while (all in Spanish) and learned about where he lives, works, his family, etc. It turns out that he is a cook at the cool restaurant that Mary, German and I visited back in December. We've all made some neat connections this week.

Our next stop was Las Quimeras. The kids were all down the road at the school getting vaccinations for the first 1/2 hour, so we went out inviting kids to the VBS and doing street witnessing. Some of the team had come over earlier and started helping lay the blocks for the church building. We had a good time of VBS and sharing. It was a lot of fun. I met Sergio, who is the new Pastor of the church. He took over for Pastor Miguel who was going to be moving to Costa Rica. We were very blessed to be involved in purchasing the helping to lay the blocks. I'm sure the workers were glad when we left them alone to work more efficiently, but it was very special to be a part of that little church.

We got home for lunch, a quick team meeting and the last day of beach time for the team. I almost got a nap in, but alas, duty called in the form of team members needing Ms Vickie for various things. I did get to lay on the bed for about 20 minutes, so that was appreciated. I had the chance to call my sister Pam and she is feeling better all the time. I'm so thankful for that.

We went back to both VBS locations this evening for church services. I loved Pastora Patricia's words and her singing voice. We had church outside on the concrete slab where we had done VBS this morning. It's also where the neighborhood kids play games and such. At the beginning of our service, we had someone chase a ball across the front of the area. We also had various dogs walking through. Lights were attached to tree branches and a sound system was set up. It was nice worship and our drama keeps on getting better.

After service, we high-tailed it to On the Run to meet the other van and for all the team members to say goodbye to the translators. That's usually a hard thing to do for some people. I'm glad that I'm able to look at it like I'm living in Nic and just visiting the US when I leave. :)

We got back to the house and had dinner and a little bit of share time. We're getting up early in the morning to leave at 6:30am for the zip line, lunch, shopping and volcano. It will be a packed day, but it will be fun.

It's hard to believe the week is almost over, but I say that with every team. God blesses us with lots of work to do and people to see. It's always good serving with the teams. Especially, this one from my home church.

I'm falling asleep between sentences, so I'm signing off for tonight. God is so faithful. I love Him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment