Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday, 3/26 in Nicaragua

Well, this past week has just flown by! The team FBC Rogers AR left this morning on a 6am flight. We left the team house at 2:30am for the 2 hour drive to the airport. Hugs all around and then they disappeared into the building. They made it home fine this evening. We had a good week and I'm very happy with the blessings that God bestowed on us and the people of León and the surrounding areas.

We spoke, performed and gave testimonies in 13 churches, did VBS in 8 neighborhoods, provided feedings in 3 areas, provided materials for and helped lay cement blocks at one church, and tried to get a little relaxation and fun time in the last week. It's been action packed and we had great travel mercies and overall health. God took very good care of us.

After dropping the team at the airport, we took a van to get the A/C worked on. The guy agreed to meet us at 5:00am. Wow. German, Danilo, Manuel and I went to an On the Run for a breakfast sandwich and coffee combo. (I usually don't drink coffee, but I enjoyed this!). Manuel's wife and son met us and we had a great visit. We went back for the van and sat around and talked until it was ready.

I was so tired after only getting a couple of hours sleep at home (in my clothes), then about an hour off and on in the van. We needed to find somewhere to chill out while waiting for Beth's plane around noon, so we went to the parking lot at the mall and sat in the van and dozed off a little bit more. (I had packed my pillow!) We finally got into the mall when it opened about 10am. We sat at the food court where we could free wireless signal for German's new phone. He looks like a kid with a DS handheld game. About 11am we left for the airport. Beth's plane got in and then she had to wait to find her luggage. One of the pieces was ripped open and the other one was not found. It took quite a while to get squared away. And then we left for lunch. I sat in the first seat behind the driver, instead of the shotgun seat, so that I could put my swollen ankles up. I just got a little bit nauseas. Beth and I chatted a little bit and dozed a little bit. She had been traveling since 3:30am. Even German dozed in the front seat. We stopped by John and Vanessa's house to drop off some donated items from Beth's church. A quick hello and we were back on the road.

It was so good to get home. Mary had spent a relaxing day of doing a few loads of a million towels and sheets. She did get to work on her computer and check out facebook and read some. I'm sure she enjoyed it. She said she felt sorry for me when we all left this morning. If it hadn't been for the fact that this was my home church team, I would have probably stayed home. But I was glad to go with the team to say goodbye.

Beth got all settled in and went to bed. I grabbed a very much needed shower and changed my sheets. Mary and I ate some leftovers from the team meals and chatted a little bit. Then I just had to get my feet up. So I'm laying on the bed trying to stay awake long enough to type. It's not even 8pm here and I'm ready to call it a night.

It's been such a good week. And we got word on a couple of good teams to add to our schedule for the rest of the year. God is blessing Voice of Hope Ministry with many opportunities to share Jesus here in Nica. There are always struggles and challenges in the worldly realm of ministries, but being faithful to complete the work is the main thing. God will work all things out to His plans. He is faithful and sovereign.

I was just thinking earlier about the day that I met the Hulseys. It was at a Global Impact Celebration at FBC Rogers. I was in from NYC where I was serving with a church plant. I was placed next to the Hulseys in the missionary seating area and my heart was tweaked by the thought of possibly working with them in the future. At the time, I had no idea how much longer I would be in NYC. I remember when we were all on stage and then the congregation stood up and applauded for us. I was overcome with emotion and started crying. Sherry was a couple of steps in front of me and a little to the left. She happened to look back and I saw that she, too, was crying. I knew we had a connection then. It was a while before I came back to Rogers and really got to know them. God has worked it out for me to be a part of VOH ministry. I'm very humbled and honored to work with everyone with VOH. I'm glad that God had this in His plans for me.

I'm going to sign off for now and fall asleep listening to Spanish praise music and feeling the fans blowing over me and my clean sheets. Ahh, a little touch of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment