Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday, 3/27 in Nicaragua

A very lovely day. Resting in the Lord and other blessings.

I woke up a few times during the night when the electricity went out and the heat would wake me up and then when the power came back on the fans started up again. I think this happened about 3 times (6 wake ups). I finally stayed up at 7:30am and began my day with laundry and catching up on my Bible Study. It was a beautiful way to spend my last Sunday here. Seeing the ocean, feeling the breeze and sun and listening to the birds and geckos and reading God's Word.

I had 11 days of laundry to do and was happy to get the last of it on the clothesline. Then I started in on organizing and packing some ministry stuff in my (Mike and Sherry's) room. Then I helped Beth with sorting some of the 10 tubs/suitcases of clothes for give aways this summer. Mary washed a million sets of sheets today and worked around the house.

We all snacked for breakfast and mid-morning. Then we had grilled chicken dinners from Suyapa restaurant. Saturnino was so sweet to go pick up our meals on his bicycle. We tried to buy his lunch, but he said no. So Mary gave him a 'tip' for delivering our food. This way, he will take that money and get groceries for his family. He is so good to us when we are here, with or without a team.

I took a little nap before lunch. After lunch, we worked more on the house and ministry supplies. Then about 5pm, we took our sunset walk on the beach. There was quite a few people out today. But, we are never on the beach on Sundays, so we hadn't really thought about it. After our walk, we all got showers and settled in for the night. We have a 5am wake up call tomorrow, so we are going to hit the sack a little early.

German will pick us up at 6am to go to Jinotega, where we will be having a crusade in June. We will check out the camp that we will probably stay at during that week, and also check out the rest of the town. We're going to send Mike and Sherry a video of the excursion. It will be a long drive, so we are taking pillows to take naps on the way. I hope German is wide awake!!!

I'm enjoying being here with Mary and Beth and getting some prep work done for the summer teams. It's nice not to have to rush around right before the teams get here. And it's nice to have time to work together without the pressures of working with a team. These next few days are a blessing.

It's been great to be here these last 2 weeks. I really feel attached here and don't mind leaving when I know that I will soon be back. I'm thankful for the life that God has given me. I pray that I honor Him and follow His plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment