Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday, 3/20 in Nicaragua

What a great day of Worship.
We were scheduled to visit and speak at 2 churches this morning and 2 churches this evening. We got a call a couple of days ago to add a church to the schedule, so we started the day thinking we would have 5 for the day. One group went to Rose of Sharon church and the other went to a new (to us) church. While waiting for the service to start, the Pastor asked German if he could 'share us' with another small church plant. We asked if anyone else wanted to 'preach' at the surprise church. Mariano stepped right up and volunteered. 5 of us, plus German went to the little church and had a great time of worship. Laura and Malorie shared their testimonies and Mariano gave a message. I spoke on behalf of VOH. They called me Pastor Vickie. They also asked at the end if I would come forward to pray over their music leader for his birthday. They also asked if we could come to another church plant at 5pm, but we were already spread between 3 churches with 2 vans, so we couldn't accommodate that request on this trip. They were very impressed with Mariano, Laura and Malorie. They think they are a great example to the youth of Nicaragua and also to adults. We enjoyed spending the morning worshiping with them.

We got back to the house before the other 2 teams and got changed for the afternoon. By then the other van came home and we enjoyed some yummy grilled chicken, rice, beans, slaw and tortilla. Then the team went out to play on the beach a little while. A few of the team helped me unpack the ministry supplies that they brought down. The VBS teams got their stuff ready for the week. A few people took naps. 2 fell asleep on the tile floor in the middle of everyone coming and going. They were really tired!!!

We got ready for evening church and did relays to get everyone where they were supposed to be going. At the Iglesia de Dios de San Felipe, where I went, Katie gave the message and Joe gave his testimony. I was blessed to speak on behalf of Voice of Hope Ministries. Everyone in the congregation was glad we came and was thankful for the work that the team is going to do this week.

We finished first (since our church started earlier), so we went over to Todopoderoso church and joined in their worship. The VBS story team has a great drama/interpretive movement thing that brought me to tears. I was so proud of them! The church erupted in applause (for God) when they were through. It was impressive. God was really working through them!

I have been loving the worship music and especially getting to see old friends at the churches. My heart is truly here. Jeremy came and gave me a huge hug. He also calls me his 'second Mom'. He and his wife Kelly are such an exciting and sweet couple! God is going to use them tremendously! Jeremy said they have missed me while I'm gone from Nica and not to do that again! I wish I could live here full time. I really feel that God is leading me to that someday soon. Pastor Oscar and his wife both gave me big hugs. She told me that I am family to them. So sweet. Sometimes people say those things in your life, but there is such a warmth to these relationships that I can feel the Holy Spirit in them. I am truly blessed.

A girl named Celeste asked that I pray for her. I had Mariano come over to speak to her and translate for me. He ministered to her and also told her what I said. Then we prayed for her. Please lift up Celeste in your prayers.

We made it home and had sandwiches and chips for dinner. The team played around for a while and then everyone turned in at 10pm. We have to be ready to leave by 6:30am tomorrow. Which means that everyone will need to be ready to go before they eat breakfast at 6am.

It will be interesting to see how our 1 shot VBS events go. We'll play it by ear. God knows His plans and we will be ready for what He asks us to do. I think it will be a lot of fun. We will definitely use our flexibility muscles tomorrow! As long as HE is glorified, that is what matters!!!

Time to call it a night. Bendiciones a todos, en el nomber de Christo Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment