Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, 3/28 in Nicaragua

Home and tucked in early after a long and uncomfortable day traveling. I hate that I get car sick so easily. Riding in the front seat seems to cause issues with some people and I tried a different seat today. I was sick before we hit León, and we still had 3 hours of driving to get to our destination. I ended up riding in the very back of the van so that I could lay down the whole way. But the trip was worth it.

We made it to Jinotega before 10am (we had left the house at 6:30am). We met a Pastor who will be instrumental in the crusade there in June. We toured a couple of hotels, just to see what was available. Then we went to the Young Life Camp, where we will probably be staying for that first week in June. It a pretty cool place, especially by Nica standards. We took pictures and video to send to Mike and Sherry. Beth is better videoing than I (who can only turn on and off and open the lens cover), so she did that part and I took still photos. The newer dorm rooms are livable, the dining room has a cute train track hanging from the ceiling, there is an auditorium for meetings, a game room, a baseball field, a rock climbing wall, a vertical 'play' apparatus, zip line, a maze, canoes and a basketball gym. Pretty cool.

We stopped for lunch at a nice place, but I was too nauseous to eat, so I stayed in the van and took a nap. It felt good to lay there without the van moving. I actually fell asleep for a little bit and when I woke up, I couldn't for the life of me figure out where I was. It took a few minutes. whew!

We made the curvy 3 hour drive back to León and I held on in the back seat. We stopped to pick up German's family and then ran some errands for the house, like getting a few groceries. Then we headed for home!

I was excited that La Unión had chocolate snack pack pudding. Just one package, but I bought it to save for when I feel better. I can't wait! I also got some soup and a 7UP. I only drink 7UP and Sprite when I have a sick tummy, so it's not really a splurge. I got home and made some soup and ate a piece of plain bread. It has stayed down, but my tummy is not too happy. But it will be good for me to skip a few meals. :)

I can't believe that we leave in a few days. Time just comes and goes. I still feel that I live here and my trips to the States are vacations. :)

I worked on the computer and some bookkeeping. Now I'm actually going to go to sleep before 9pm. I hope I wake up feeling good tomorrow. For now, I'll rest in God's cradling hands. No better place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment