Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time keeps marching on and to-do lists get checked off, rewritten and waiver in importance. As things get more completed, I find I can sleep a little better. I'm still waking up in the middle of the night for a few hours, but I'm not worrying as much about the status of the projects. I always do this when I'm busy with multiple projects around the time that I will be traveling. My most constant concern is not meeting people's expectations. Then I go to the Lord and ask forgiveness for taking my focus off of Him and HIS expectations. He's the one who matters.

I enjoyed my time with little Allie on Thursday morning. Nana (Deanna) got home a little before 9am, so I got to enjoy Allie for over an hour. She fell asleep on my shoulder and snuggled up. Once Deanna took Allie, I retired to the den and enjoyed my Bible Study for the day. It has really been good. Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Exodus, Numbers... I can't believe how much God is speaking to me through these books that I have spent most of my life avoiding! His Word is wonderful!!

Thursday I got a lot of work done here at home. The only bad thing was that I ran out of printer ink here at the house. ugh. I went with Becca & Elizabeth Janes to get food for the Friday Community Meals at FBCR. We visited Aldi's and Harps and then went to the church. The Ladies' Cooking Ministry group was in the midst of their monthly cooking marathon, so we just put stuff away and went on home for the night. Elizabeth made the cookies that evening and then Becca went to the church about 6am to make the soup.

I got to the church on Friday about 9:00am. I dropped in at the Food Pantry and they were doing fine. Shirley sent me on over to the kitchen to get ready for the meal. We had some great volunteers come and had the chance for some brainstorming and planning. I very much want this ministry to be put together by the volunteers and not just something that I put in place and dictate procedures. Heidi is doing a great job of organizing the volunteers. Melanie and Bobbi were great with input and help. We had 3 volunteers from Cuerpo Vivo come to translate and share about the Hispanic church. We didn't have any customers for this first day, were not expecting many these first weeks. This type of ministry takes a while to build up. The volunteers got to serve the fellow workers and we invited the staff to come and have lunch, too. The soup was wonderful and the cookies yummy! We froze some of the soup, so we will have it for a backup in the weeks to come. I was very pleased with the day and look forward to next week and the weeks to come as we begin to minister to people with food.

I had taken one of the church vans home on Thursday night so that I could bring a bunch of tubs of ministry supplies for Nicaragua back to the church on Friday. Bobbi helped me move them upstairs to my 'holding area'. We got the chance to chat a while, which was wonderful. I caught a ride home mid afternoon and got a little rest.

Friday night I stepped in for Erika Martínez to oversee the childcare for the Cuerpo Vivo fellowship for couples. We had 15 kids and everything went really well, thanks to 3 great workers from FBCR Youth. I love these girls!

This morning I returned to the church to oversee the childcare for the Hispanic Pastoral Alliance conference. We had 25 kids from ages 2 months to 9 years. It was well again, and thanks again to the girls! We were treated to the lunch that was prepared by Cesar (one of the Abuelos chefs) for the Pastors and wives. It was great fajitas and beans and rice. I got to bring a little bit home for Deanna and I to eat for dinner, too. I enjoyed the kids today, but was ready for a little nap when I got home.

I worked on sorting, organizing and purging my work area in the den tonight. It's hard to keep things looking neat and tidy when there is no where to put them. I tend to have stacks. Like a stack with my Bible study stuff, a stack with Spanish study books, stacks for each project I'm working on for VOH, FBCR, etc. As long as I can keep up with it all, that's all that matters. Then when Deanna's family visits, I try to stash as much as I can out of the way. Especially, when I'm traveling for any length of time.

Tomorrow will be a nice day of worship. Then we have the last training meeting for the Nicaragua Youth team at 5pm. A couple of the girls going on the trip were helping with childcare the last 2 days. It was fun getting to talk with them. I would love to get a nap tomorrow afternoon, but we don't get out of Cuerpo Vivo church until late, so I may have to settle for just sitting on the sofa with my feet up while finishing up preparing for the meeting.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow morning's Bible Study has to say to me. Lovin' that Old Testament!!

No comments:

Post a Comment