Friday, November 19, 2010

Thursday, November 18, 2010

I slept great listening to the distant crashing of the waves. And then I woke up as the birds and other critters started making their chatter to start their day.

I had remade my bed last night because the cleaning ladies don’t understand that the mattress pad goes under the fitted sheet. It was funny to look at. Like someone who had their underwear over their clothes. I slept very well. Since Mike and Sherry aren’t here now, Sherry said for me to stay in their room, which is upstairs by Mary’s. I think Mary feels better about it, too. She tends to worry about me like a child sometimes. It’s a very nice room with a breeze. I’m thankful for the pleasure of getting to use it. The privacy while the team is here will be great.

Mary has been up doing things around the house this morning. We are just puttering around getting things in place and taking our time unpacking. This afternoon we will go into Leon for lunch and some personal shopping at the grocery store. Then we’ll be back to work on the house some more.

One of the team members is coming tonight because he wanted some extra time here. His name is Charlie Brown. He’ll get in really late tonight. I’m sure that Ms Mary can find all kinds of work for him to do tomorrow as we get the house ready for the team of 20+ people who are arriving Saturday afternoon.

Well, I’d better get to work for now. Daylight is burning….

We headed into town with Danilo and met up with German at Tip Top Chicken. It was yummy. We went over the schedule for next week and ‘did numbers’ as German calls it. That entails going over costs and giving money back and forth. We conferred with Mike via telephone and got everything figured out for now.

Then Mary and I went to La Union, a grocery store owned by Walmart. It’s pretty modern by Nic standards. You can get some North American items there, but they are expensive. I even found chocolate milk! I got some cucumbers and grapes and apples and Mary picked up some chips and cookies and such.

Then we went with German to the House of Bible to pay the deposit on the Bibles for next week’s Crusade. We got a good deal on them. I think the team will be pleased. After that, we stopped for German to put some minutes on the Nic phone that Beth is loaning me for this trip. And then to pick up some paint for the sprucing up of the team house. We dropped off German and Danilo drove us home.

Mary and I decided we would relax for awhile. She talked on the phone to folks back home and I took a delicious nap. We got up to a rain storm. The lightning is pretty when it’s out over the ocean.

I had a cucumber and instant mashed potatoes for dinner. Mary had peanut butter and apple. It was just right after eating a good lunch.

Mary and I had a spirited conversation tonight, trying to solve the world’s problems. I think we’ll have to leave it up to God to figure out. ☺

We are retiring early tonight (before 10pm) since there is no team here. Charlie Brown should be here in an hour or so. We made up his bed downstairs and called German to tell him where Charlie is to sleep.

I’m going to read a little more in one of the books I brought down. It’s titled ‘Radical’ by David Platt. Mary mentioned that she would like to read it and I told her that I just happened to have brought it with me. I do a lot more reading and studying here where there is no distraction of tv and such.

Can’t wait to start another great day tomorrow. We’ll be busy grocery shopping (usually 5 carts full for starters) and making beds. It will be nice to see the cook again. I love her food!

Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment