Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm typing this on my new MacBook laptop that I bought with the spoils of my granny/kid/house/pet-sitting adventures. I worked hard for this and I am enjoying very much! I also had enough left over to buy a new, small camera. I am truly blessed. It's taken a few days to get things switched over to the Mac and I still have some things to finish up, but I'm loving it already. I know that it will be even more precious to me since I worked so hard for it.

Saturday evening I got to come home and take a much deserved nap. I started on laundry and went to bed early in my own bed. It was heavenly.

Sunday I went to Cuerpo Vivo church, but had to listen to the sermon from outside the sanctuary, as my ears are still all stopped up. It's amazing what a little sound can do to a person's mind when it doesn't filter through your ears properly. Dr. Bob called me in a prescription for antibiotics, but they don't seem to be doing much good. I've tried all kinds of things, and I relying on prayer to clear up my head before I have to get on that plane next week.

Sunday evening, we had a team meeting for the Nic Spring Break team. I passed out Voice of Hope planning booklets with some additional information tailored to the FBCR team. We are all set to see who will be able to commit on Dec 8th for the trip. We will have another meeting when I get back in January to start more detailed info sharing and ministry training. I think it will be a good group.

I helped a little while in the Food Pantry on Monday. It was really busy. Then we had Staff meeting in the afternoon. Bro Wes mentioned that I would be sharing my missions testimony in both services this coming Sunday. Then he asked if they had told me that yet. I said No, but I'm willing. So I'll be praying for my mouth to stay out of God's way when He is sharing with people using my voice. I always pray that I won't let 'me' get in the way of His message. I think I get 5 minutes in each service. I hope I can hold it to 5 minutes. I have a habit of talking and talking when it comes to what God is doing. I love to share Him and His work with who ever will listen to me.

Sunday afternoon, we got word that Jim & Cindy Sigmon were in a motorcycle vs deer accident. Cindy is doing pretty well, but they airlifted Jim to St John's Hospital in Springfield with head injuries. He is still unresponsive, but they have determined that he is not paralyzed and they expect him to improve each day. Only God knows how well he will bounce back and how long it will take. Cindy and family are wonderful examples of trusting in the Healer and giving Him glory in everything.

Monday morning I got a call that my friend Sarah had passed on. I'm very sad to not have her here on earth with her loved ones, but I'm so happy for her to be 'healed' and celebrating with Jesus and Father. Today was her funeral service and it was very nice. Wonderful messages from Bro Tommy and Bro Wes. Her son, Charlie, spoke in her honor and shared the path of Salvation with those in attendance. He did so well. I know Sarah is so proud of him. I keep Charlie and Billy in my prayers as they adjust to this next phase of life without Sarah with them. They are all Christians and will be with Sarah in heaven someday. Billy said he doesn't know how people without Christ can make it through times like this. I know that God will draw him and Charlie and Leslie close to Himself.

I've been working on Christmas cards the last few days. I need to have them all done before I leave next week. I've also been working on thank you cards for some of my financial supporters. It means so much to me to have prayer partners covering me in their precious prayers. Also, I couldn't serve full time if it weren't for the financial supporters. It's all reflected in Romans 10:15... How can they go if they are not sent? It is written "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the Good News." Those who help to 'send' me are as much a part of this ministry as I am when I go. God uses us all in the ways that He has planned for us.

Deanna is fixing Thanksgiving Dinner for me today, since I won't be here for the holiday. It is smelling pretty yummy here! I am truly blessed by her and her love and hospitality. She really takes good care of me.

My sister has been seeing doctors last week and this week. She is finding out more about her breast cancer. So far, we know that they have caught it very early, which is a huge blessing! She will find out when they will schedule the surgery and what other treatment she will require. So far, it looks like 33 weeks of 5 x week radiation after the surgery. She has been blessed by the uplifting emails. Thanks to all who have sent them to her. I continue to lift her up to the Father for physical healing as well as Salvation.

Better go for now. It's great to be able to get on here and update my post. Many things to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment