Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday evening. Busy day. I was blessed to be able to share some of my testimony in both services at FBCR this morning. Bro Wes had asked me to speak a little about my life as a MIR (Missionary In Residence) and how God has worked in my life to bring me to this wonderful season in my journey of following Him. I don't get too nervous when I'm talking about God. (If I was talking about myself, I would be scared to death!) God puts so many thoughts into my head and feelings into my heart, that I don't know where to start (or stop) sometimes. I spoke in both services, and I'm sure I mentioned different things in each of those services. I just pray that people were touched by the words and feel drawn to hear God clearer and are encouraged to seek His will.

The journey that God has allowed me to take has been full of ups and downs (by my perspective), trials and celebrations. But they have all been blessings for me. I can look back on certain circumstances and see how God drew me closer to Him and grew me. One of my favorite songs is "The Potter's Hands". God created me and He continually molds me to be what He needs me to be to accomplish His will. Only HE knows how long each 'season' of my life will be. The main thing for me to remember is to be willing, available and open to His changes in my life. My life belongs to Him and I shouldn't be surprised by the changes that He decides to put into in. How awesome to have someone so wonderful, wise and sovereign in charge. Help me, Lord, to stay out of Your way and to be submissive and obedient.

Bro Wes prayed for me in each service this morning and I treasure those moments. He actually made me choke up and cry the first time. He blessed me so much. The music today went well with what I shared. And I loved Bro Wes' message. It was a good morning of worship for me. I love the Lord so much.

I made it across town to the Cuerpo Vivo service after the music had started, but I enjoyed the praise and worship very much. I love being at Cuerpo Vivo. Usually, I get really teary when I'm there for the last time before a trip, but today it was okay. I think I'm seeing these trips as part of the whole calling that God has placed on my life. When I'm here, I miss Nicaragua... When I'm there, I miss FBCR and Cuerpo Vivo. It's okay, though, because I know that God is going bless me in both places and that He has work for me in both places. I still miss NYC and my friends there, too. I'm so blessed to have places and friends and family that I want to spend time with.

I went to Walmart this afternoon to pick up some stuff to take to Nic. Yesterday, I spent most of the day sorting and packing my suitcases and shipping tub. I'll finish up tomorrow. I doubt that everything I want to take will fit in vessels, but I'll try my best.

Tonight I'll wrap the Christmas presents for family in Indiana, so I can get them shipped. I have the Christmas cards signed and addressed. At least all the ones that I can manage to send this year.

I have more errands to run tomorrow and Tuesday. Then I'll leave on Wednesday. Time will fly by quickly and then it will go by just as fast while I'm in Nic. Life moves really quickly. We shouldn't take even one moment for granted.

My sister Pam has seen 3 doctors in the last week. They have scheduled her breast surgery for the day before Thanksgiving. She's nervous, but I think that she can feel some peace from all the prayer emails that she has been receiving from my friends. I pray that God will be able to draw her near to Him through this situation. I would love for all my family to come to know the Lord.

Time to get busy wrapping those presents. Maybe I'll make a little hot chocolate to enjoy while doing it. Lots of blessings to be had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment