Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday, November 19, 2010

Woke up so rested this morning. I have not have had the time to rest and relax like this in months!!! God is so good! One more morning of sleeping in and then we'll be up about 5:30 or so to get ready for the team each morning. I have so much enjoyed getting to have a room to myself this trip. What a blessing!!

Charlie Brown got in late last night, so I met him this morning. He is with the team that arrives tomorrow and decided to come early. He has really been a great help. It's fun getting to meet new people and getting to know them and hear all about what God is doing in there lives.

This morning, Jasmina (the cook), came and talked with Mary and I about the meals for this week. We have lots of funny moments with our language challenges! But we get it done.

Then Danilo came and picked up Mary, Jasmina, Charlie and I and took us to the bakery and then to La Union grocery store to buy the food for the team. German met us and we all had lunch at Tip Top Chicken. I enjoyed a salad with grilled chicken. Yum! We went to a little store for cream and then another for bagged ice. One more stop at a roadside place for chips. After we got home, we had to lug everything in and put it away. That's not Mary's favorite chore, but we worked hard and got it done.

Now we can relax and chat. I was thinking of a nap, but since I can get on the internet, I may stay on the laptop too much.

Mary and Charlie both want to learn Spanish, and I brought my lesson books with me, so we can have some very simple classes. I want to try to keep up with my postings as much as possible. I'm so thankful for chance to get them on here in a timely manner. One of many blessings.

Didn't ever fall asleep, but really enjoyed laying on the bed for an hour.

Mary, Charlie and I went for a walk down the road from the team house to the inlet where the fishermen come in. We walked around the bend since the tide was out and walked back along the beach. It was overcast, but still beautiful.

After we got back, it started raining really hard and then we had a thunderstorm with really loud thunder. It rained and blew in like crazy. We enjoyed peanut butter sandwiches and I had a cucumber, which made Mary laugh.

After dinner, we played a rousing game of Farkle, which was new to all of us. We had a hilarious time and then realized that we had misread the directions. Mary blew us out of the water on the scores. It was a lot of fun.

Then we sat around and played on the computer and talked and enjoyed our last night of quiet.

We're all going to bed before 9am. The rain is over for now. We can hear the waves rolling. It will be a nice sleeping night.
God is so good. We have enjoyed the encounters that we have had. God is preparing our bodies and hearts and minds for this busy week to come. I'm praying for the team as they sleep in their own beds tonight and travel tomorrow. It will be a hard week of working, but God will do so much through us, we can't wait!

Going to bed now. Counting my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment