Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday night. Home working on the new laptop and counting my blessings.

Our early Thanksgiving Dinner was very eventful last night. We put all the food out in the kitchen. The ladies brought side dishes and we set them out on the bar. All of a sudden we heard a loud explosion. We all looked at each other to see what happened (and who did it). Turns out that a glass serving dish exploded. Chunks of glass and small slivers of glass were everywhere. We had to wipe down the counters, sweep and mop the floor and look for glass everywhere. The ladies chose to remove the top layer of the side dishes, but I didn't want to chance eating any slivers of glass, so I just had turkey and dressing (which was on the other side of the kitchen from the explosion). It was good and everyone survived the meal. We had a nice time of fellowship and that's what Thanksgiving is all about. I really appreciate the ladies for putting the dinner together. They are sweet.

Last night I worked on Christmas cards till bedtime. I know that I won't remember to give everyone I should a card, but I wanted to do my best. I hope to finish them tomorrow. Then I need to pack up the presents for my family in Indiana and get them shipped.

Today I started the day by opening up the Food Pantry, since Shirley wouldn't be able to be there. We had 3 workers, so I got to spend some precious time on the computer and transferring files between my old one and new one. Then I got to have lunch with my friend Elizabeth. We ended up going to Dixie Cafe and we enjoyed a yummy turkey and dressing dinner. It was soooo good. We talked for a long time and enjoyed each other's company. She speaks virtually no English and I speak very broken Spanish, but we communicate very well. She said her daughter-in-law is amazed that we understand each other. We decided that we speak the language of God and He makes us able to understand each other's hearts.

I came home and had nice phone chat with Mary about Nicaragua and then had a quick nap. Later, I headed off to the Janes' house for dinner and fun times with the family. Becca made a wonderful Thai dinner. It was awesome! Later we had pumpkin pie and ice cream for dessert. It was great to get to spend some special time in conversation with them. I just love that family!

I need to head off to bed soon. Tomorrow will be a busy day of packing, cleaning up my rooms here at the house, shopping at Walmart of the rest of the stuff to take to Nic, packing Christmas for Indiana, (hopefully) a nap and spending time with Deanna.

I can't believe that I leave on Wednesday. The next few days will fly by and I know that the next 7 weeks will, too. I feel so very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment