Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It’s just a little past 8pm and I’m forcing myself to stay up. I know if I go to bed too early, I’ll be up at 3am and not be able to go back to sleep. I’m really tired today for some reason. Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are my busiest days, though.

Monday morning, Mayela and I worked on the Feeding Center stuff for Noah’s Ark. We went there for the feeding time and had another discussion with the Pastor. I think we will finally get it all straightened out, but who knows how long that will take. The kids are getting fed and that’s the most important thing.

I got a lot of computer work done on Monday afternoon. I like it when I get to check things off of my to-do list. I was also feeling a little better physically, too. The rest I got on Saturday and Sunday really helped.

Yesterday, Mayela and I went back to Noah’s Ark Feeding Center and had more discussions with the Pastor. We were all feeling better about the future of working relationship by then. After lunch, I ran some errands and got back on the computer for the rest of the evening. It was a pretty productive day.

Mary’s Sewing class went well. We always feel like we have run a race by the time the ladies leave our sewing classes. Trying to keep up with all the help needed for 10-12 machines at one time is crazy. The ladies are loving the classes, though. We’re glad to get to do them.

Today, Mayela and I each grabbed a table and spent hours working on the Feeding Center stuff until it was time to leave for Monte Horeb. We were busy little beavers. Lesly was busy in the office working on receipts and recordkeeping. Mary was studying her evangelism messages that she will be sharing next week in various churches. It was quiet and productive.

It was good to see Auxiliodoro at the Monte Horeb Feeding Center today. She is one of the sweetest women that I know. She is such a hard worker and has such a wonderful heart for the Lord. We talked with her and Aurora, the lead cook at there at the feeding center. There were over 80 kids fed there today. It was fun to see the kids, too.

We got back to the Mission House and had lunch. Then we got back on the computers for more work. At 3pm we left for the Women’s Bible Study at La Quimera. We got there a little early and relaxed a bit. I take a prize to raffle for the ladies who come on time. There were 10 ladies on time today. We gave away 2 packs of special cookies to the winners. We only had 11 women in the class today. We had 22 last week. Hope I’m not scaring them off by making them participate! 3 of the ladies have memorized their verse and recited it today. I also recited it in Spanish. They were impressed with me! Ha

After class, I drove Mayela to the Bus Terminal back in León. What a crazy place! I did my detour back to the main road and stopped at On the Run convenience store to buy more of the V8 Splash juice that I can only get there. I’m stocking up! I stop in there a couple of times a week now to buy 6-8 bottles each time. The clerk looks at me weird. Oh well! It’s good stuff and healthy!

I got home and said hi to Alberto’s son, Carlos, who I buy the Bibles from. I told him that after Friday’s class, I would know how many Bibles I need to purchase for now. I need to raise more money to buy more Bibles for the Women’s classes.

I put my juice away and had some left-overs for dinner. I did a little work on the computer, but I’m really tired. So I tried watching a movie, but it’s not all that interesting. I’m going to post this and then go to bed early.

Tomorrow is another busy day with La Quimera Feeding Center in the morning and then teaching Sewing Class in the afternoon, with computer work in between. I can’t wait for Saturday, when I can rest! Ha

I’m thankful for God’s call on my life. I’m also thankful that He doesn’t show me everything at once. I would probably run away screaming. He teaches me more every day to rely on Him alone. I’m so thankful to have Him in my life. Actually, He IS my life. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment