Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday, April 2, 2012

Today has flown by really fast.
I got up and got ready, work on my Bible study until Mayela got here, then she and I worked on the new Feeding Center project on the computer. I chatted with German a little while and then I started some computer work of my own and then it was time to head to ROSCC Feeding Center for some pics and info on some kids that have been sponsored.

As we were getting in the SUV to leave, Manuel said “are YOU driving?” I’ll never live down backing into that tree… even from a 10 year old! Ha

Mayela got to meet one of the cooks and the Edi (not sure how to spell his name) at ROSCC. We also helped serve the food to the kids. As we were leaving, Teresa (one of the ladies in my Bible study and Sewing class) came to show me that she had made a pair of shorts for her grandbaby. She didn’t have a pattern, but whipped them up out of her pieces of fabric that we sent home with the class on Thursday. I think she is definitely ready to start making stuff on the machine now! Unfortunately, the shorts are too small for her grandbaby, but they sure were cute! It was good to get to see her today.

Mayela and I returned to the Mission House at almost 1pm. We had our lunch that was saved for us. Then we started working on our computer stuff some more. It is so wonderful to have the computer that was donated by Rusty Branson and brought down by the FBC Rogers team. We sure needed it!

It was a little overcast, so Sherry didn’t want to swim (she only likes the very sunny days), so she and Mary, Lesly and Mayela went shopping. I stayed at the Mission House and worked awhile. I was getting so many items marked off of my to-do list! It was great. Mike was working on his laptop nearby, so I could ask him questions and get answers right away! It was great!

I had planned to go to Pacheco’s English school this afternoon, but the streets were starting to be blocked off for the Holy Week celebrations. It’s hard enough to get a taxi I trust at dusk on normal nights. I didn’t want to have to go through crowds of people to find a taxi, so I opted to stay at the Mission House tonight.

Manuel did a good job at his ‘school’, so he was allowed to babysit Mary and me. He and I swam for a little bit, then Mary fixed them some leftovers while I had some soup. It was a nice evening.

Manuel decided to sing to us and we always have a concert when he sings. Alberto came to listen, too. Manuel gets us clapping and waving our arms just like a real concert. He came down into the ‘audience’ and sang to each of us. He gave me a kiss on the eyelid. He was so funny!

His taxi (our friend Jorge) picked him up and took him home about 7:15pm. After that, Mary and I washed some dishes and had a laughing fit over a conversation that I had with Alberto earlier. It was a ‘you had to be there’ moment and no one would find it funny but us. I still giggle when I think about it. Then Alberto came into the kitchen and I’m trying to explain in my bad Spanish what we are laughing at. It’s been a good night of belly laughs.

I came to my room to do some more work on the Feeding Center Kids’ Sponsorships. There’s lot to keep up with, but it’s such a wonderful thing, that it really doesn’t feel like work. I’m blessed to get to do it.

I got a message from my niece that they are expecting. I’m ready to have a GIRL in the family, so I told her that I’m praying for twin girls! Her mother-in-law concurred on facebook that should happen. ☺

My sister Sandy called after speaking with the lawyer taking care of Dad’s estate. There will be papers for me to sign while I’m here in Nica. They can email them to me and I can have a ‘lawyer’ notarize my signature and then we can scan them and email them back. We’ll see how complicated that will get and also how much it will cost. Not much I don’t think. I’m hoping to be able to do it all here in León. If not, I may have to go to the American Consulate in Managua or something. I’m always ready for an adventure!

Now I’m going to watch a video and read and go to bed early. There’s much to do tomorrow and I want to have plenty of energy for it! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment