Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday was a busy day starting out with working on a list of things to take care of at Noah’s Ark Feeding Center. Mary went with Mayela and I, while Lesly stayed at the Mission House to work with the Lydia and Alberto on things that needed to be taken care of.

Things at the Feeding Center were better than we anticipated. It’s taking a few trips to help them get organized to do the feeding in a more organized way. There are still more kids that we needed to take pictures of and get their information. The Pastor’s son, Eliel is doing the recordkeeping and he will do a fine job of it. He writes very well and he is taking his role very seriously.

We took info for 31 kids, but only got 29 pictures. I didn’t realize this until after we were gone. We had been very careful to keep up, but it’s hard when the kids are like a bunch of kittens going this way and that way. We’ll get it all worked out on Monday, hopefully, and if not then, someday…

Anyway, the devotion and prayer time before the meals was more orderly, too. I think this process is beneficial to the whole Feeding Program there and will make the work of the Pastor and his helpers easier in the long run. The kids are so precious! I love being a part of helping them.

We got back to the Mission House and had lunch. Then the 4 of us gals took off for town at 2pm. We were wanting to get some videos at a little store we like. We thought it opened at 2pm, but they were closed. So we went for ice cream at Eskimo. Then we tried the store again, but it was still closed. So we headed back to the Mission House for about 45 minutes until time to leave for the Bible Study.

Lesly went on home and Mayela and I went over the Bible Study notes. Mary went with us to Rose of Sharon church for the Bible Study. We had a good class. We’re still in the process of getting the Bibles into the hands of the ladies who were faithful to the last study and the new ones for this time. I really enjoy the ladies. As we were leaving, one asked who was driving the vehicle (since there was no taxi for us). When told that it was me (one of us ladies) she looked up to heaven and said we needed to pray. Haha

We took Mayela to the Bus Terminal to catch her van to Chinandega. The area around the Bus Terminal is crazy!!! We dropped Mayela off and then tried to remember Lesly’s instructions to get back to our side of town. We followed the directions and at times wondered if we were correct, but we made it just fine. Mary was riding in the back seat, so I teased her that I was driving Miss Daisy.

When we got back near the video store, we swung around and it was open. We went in to do some shopping. We both found some good videos. They were about $1.50 US each. They had went up from last year, but they are still a good deal! Mary bought 10 and I got 19. The lady let me have one of them free as a gift. That was so nice. She and I had been chatting about me learning Spanish and her desire to learn English. She is really pleasant and I plan to visit her often. While in the store, someone walked up behind us and said ‘do I know you?’. It was our friend Juan Pacheco (translator and owner of the English Academy that I sometimes volunteer at). It was so good to see him. He ended up riding with us part of the way home. It was great to catch up a little. I have been too busy to go to the English classes lately. I miss it a lot.

Mary and I got home and ate some leftovers for dinner. Then we went to our rooms and watched our new movies. It was a very nice evening.

Today, Saturday, we both started our laundry to get it done for the week. I worked on my personal Bible study. Oscar called to see if he could come by to borrow my video camera for the weekend. He and his son Axel visited for a little while. Juana (our weekend cleaning lady) had brought her son Francisco with her and he and Axel got to jump on the trampoline together and play for a little while.

While visiting with Oscar, there was another knock on the small gate. It turned out to be 2 guys from the Saturday English class. Javier and Francisco had come to pick up a book that the Rogers AR team had left for him after spring break. It was great to see them. They both are Christians and love the Lord. Javier helped us with translating for the spring break teams. He’s still learning and was asking about getting together to practice English and study the Bible. I had brought him a bi-lingual Bible when I came this time. I told Francisco that I would bring him back one next month. I think we will try to set aside some time for Bible study for them. Mike and Mary have been talking about having some training classes for the new translators and that will be great. I’ll still get to have personal Bible study with these guys, too. I think I’ll invite Jonathan, Salvador, Estefanie and a few other of Pacheco’s advanced English students to join us. I will really enjoy that.

Mary and I finished up our laundry, had more leftovers for lunch and relaxed a while. We packed some ladies’ gift bags for the women who come to La Quimera church tomorrow. I had told them on Wednesday, that we would have a treat for all the women who showed up for worship time this week. I grabbed a nice nap in the late afternoon, then worked on the computer a little bit more.

This evening, I burned some cds for Mary and then we retired to our rooms for the night. I watched another movie (The Help) and had a small bag of popcorn as a treat. I tried to call Deanna and Nana Ruth, but didn’t get any answers at either place. I’ll have to try them again tomorrow.

It’s been a good week and very busy, but fun. I was needing some spiritual and emotional rest and it’s been nice. I’m so thankful to my wonderful God for all His provisions for me. Physical, mental, spiritual and emotional. He’s the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment