Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tuesday was pretty much the usual… breakfast, shower, Bible study/Quiet time, work with Mayela to prepare for our trip to the Feeding Center next on our rotation.

We went to Noah’s Ark again to get more pics of kids and info. What a task this has turned out to be to get all the records in order. I wonder when we’ll get it all under control. Probably the day before the rapture! Ha I always feel like I’ve run a race by the time we get back home. But it was good.

We had lunch and then Lesly took me to get a haircut while Mary and Mayela taught the sewing class for the ladies from Las Quimeras. After my haircut, I dropped Lesly off downtown for some errands and I drove home. It started raining really hard with lightening and thunder. It was a gully-washer. There are no sewer/gutter systems here, so the roads flood (and some wash away) with each hard rain. It was interesting driving home. I stopped at my favorite Libreria (bookstore) to buy some folders and notebooks. I had to step in ankle deep water to get back to the car parked on the curb. When I got back to the Mission House, it was raining so hard that they guys couldn’t hear me honking the horn at our gate. I sat there for almost 15 minutes honking constantly. I scared off a horse that was grazing nearby. I don’t think he appreciated my noise on top of getting all wet. Poor thing.

While I was at the feeding center, Mike texted me to see if Mary and I would be available for Skyping. I told him I would be back to the Mission House at 1pm and then Mary’s class started at 2pm. We would both be available at 4pm. So we made a plan to Skype later.

After the ladies left, Mary and I Skyped with Mike, Sherry and Manuel. It was fun and was great to catch up on stuff. We miss them and they sure miss being down here. But Skyping was fun.

I worked on the feeding center records on the computer until 9:30pm and then turned in for the night.

Today, I got up and got ready and then spent extra time on my Bible study. I had some Spanish Christian Praise music playing and it was very nice. I sat in my rocking chair at my window and enjoyed the sounds of nature (and Buster barking) for a little while.

Mayela and I got our game plan together for visiting the Monte Horeb Feeding Center and Mary joined us. We left a little early and I ended up making a detour to buy gas on the way. We had a really good conversation with Auxiliodoro and getting info on menus, recipes, workers and such from the ladies at the feeding center.

We came home and Lydia had made fried chicken, potato salad and baked beans for lunch. I can’t eat fried foods and it was really hard to smell and see the chicken. But I enjoyed my tuna sandwich anyway. I was a good girl for today.

Mayela and I each worked on the computer for a while doing feeding center stuff and I was answering some emails and such. While we were working away Mary yelled at Buster the dog. He had gotten ahold of her waterbottle cover and was playing chase with everyone. We all got in on the action…Mary, Saturnino, Mauricio, Mayela and me. Mary grabbed the skimmer for the pool and ‘loosened’ Buster’s grip on the cover. Then we grabbed it and chased Buster away. He stopped to get a drink from the pool and the next thing I knew he was swimming to the steps. Hahaha

Mayela and I left for La Quimera for Bible study and were detained by a funeral. As the vehicle (usually a truck or a horse and cart) pulls the body down the road, all the family and friends spread out over the whole road and walk to the cemetery. Since we live between 2 cemeteries, we get detained often. Then there was traffic going out of town. We called Darlin to tell her we were on our way.

The ladies were forgiving that we were late. Since everyone made it there before me, I let them all get in on the raffle for the earlybird prize. It was fun.

The class went great and we had 19 ladies this week. I’m enjoying teaching them and I’m learning new things all the time as I study for the class and as they respond to questions. I really enjoyed it today.

After the class, I took Mayela to the Bus Terminal and then found my way back downtown. I missed a turn, but could figure out where I was anyway. There was a lot of traffic and I don’t enjoy driving near the Bus Terminal, but I made it home okay.

Mary and I had dinner of leftovers and then retired to our rooms. I gave myself permission to chill out tonight and not work on the computer late. I watched 2 movies (they were so-so) that I had bought for less than $1.50 each. Then I’m posting this and then going to bed.

It’s been a good day and the next 2 days will be very busy, too. I think God for strength to accomplish His will.

I had some good emails and facebook messages today from friends who say they are praying for me. God brought me to their minds. I’m so thankful that they let me know. I need to do that when He brings others to my mind to pray for.

I’m looking forward to a good night’s sleep. I hope to have happy dreams and no worries when I wake up multiple times during the night. God holds me in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment