Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

Saturday I slept in until about 7am. Even though we had all the kids staying here and I could hear them moving around, having breakfast, meeting for music and announcements, I still dozed off an on. I think living in NYC, where you don’t have remedy if your neighbors are loud, helped to desensitize me to noise. I would even tune out jackhammers. LOL Here, I tune out whatever noise is going on. It may wake me, but I can go back to sleep. Now, if I was in the states and heard just a cricket chirping, it would bother me. I guess it all has to do with frame of mind.

Anyway, I got my shower and got dressed and was ready to head out with Mary and the Hulsey’s to go to Chinandega for the day. I really don’t like road trips at all, due to motion sickness and the vibration makes my bad ear roar for hours. I like ‘being’ in other places, just not ‘getting to them’. I had been wrestling with the idea of just staying here at the Mission House (which I really wanted to do) or going with everyone so that I wouldn’t rock the boat. I’m a ‘pleaser’ type of personality and often do things that I think others expect, even if I don’t want to. I finally gave in to myself and said I was staying here. Sherry thought something was wrong and wanted to know what so she could fix it. (she’s a fixer personality type) They all left for the day and I was happy to be here in my room where I read, studied my Bible, Spanish lessons and took a very luxurious nap. When they got back in the early evening, Sherry apologized for getting irritated with me about not telling her what was wrong. She finally understood that there is nothing to ‘fix’. I also feel liberated to say no when I don’t want to go on a road trip (or other things that are fun for others, but not my cup of tea). Anyway, it was a good day for all.

The group left about 4pm and it sure got quiet. They were a good group and I hope that they had a very good time.

Mary and the Hulsey’s went to the movies for the evening. I can’t hear in a movie theater because of my ear problem, so I was happy to stay home and watch videos on my computer.

I found myself thinking about a lot of my friends all over the country who are going through various hard times right now. I wish I could do more for them. But I know that God has them in His hands.

Sunday morning I awoke and enjoyed reading the Resurrection story. How glorious a day it was when Jesus arose from the grave to prove He has power over death and all things of this earth.

We went to service at La Quimera church. Mostly it was kids, with a few adults. It’s growing back up to a good congregation. Marcela said it is encouraging to them to have us come, even though we don’t have a translator with us. I enjoy hearing Pastor Brian preach and sing, as well as Marcela sing and tell Bible stories. It’s such good practice for me to hear them. They did a feeding after the service, which was nice.

We stopped at Tip Top Chicken for lunch and then popped into La Unión to get some phone minutes for Mike and Sherry’s phones. Then we came back to the Mission House and relaxed.

I took a very nice nap, while Sherry, Mike and Manuel swam a little bit. They left in the late afternoon. I worked on the computer a little bit, ate some left overs for dinner and made a few phone calls to the states. I did some hand sewing on a skirt and watched the movie Inception. It was kind of strange, but good.

Now I’m ready to watch my nightly installment of Castle (tv show) that I brought down the first 3 seasons. I enjoy it and will miss it when I finish these dvds. I’ll have to purchase more when I’m in the states.

Tomorrow I think Mayella and I are going to Monte Horeb for the Feeding there so that I can get some more pics and we can get more info on each child. Then I’ll be forwarding that info to the sponsors. It’s a lot of work and will keep up busy 5 days a week just to catch up and keep up, but it’s a fun job.

It’s been strange to be here for Easter Sunday and not be with my church family at Cuerpo Vivo. I miss them. But it was nice to be here supporting Pastor Brian and the church at La Quimera.

I’m so glad that Jesus sacrificed Himself for us to have eternal life. What an awesome act of love. I want to honor Him everyday for it. He’s my life now and for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment