Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday, April 1, 2012

What an awesome Sunday this has been. It started with going to La Quimera church for the first Worship Service with the new Pastor, Brian. I got to meet him and his wife, Marcela and their kids. Mike, Sherry and Mary all know them from years back and they think very highly of them. I enjoyed meeting them and I think I’m going to really like working with them. Marcela is learning English and she and I promised to help each other practice our second languages.

Marcela led the worship time and got everyone singing. She did a good job talking between songs and seems to feel very comfortable there. I think the community is going to love having them as Pastors. Brian gave a good message and then they had a special guest for this special Sunday. A clown (I can’t remember his name) was there and got the kids all singing and participating in the telling of the story of Noah’s Ark. He was fun and I enjoyed him a lot. He also got the kids doing the Sapo Sapo song (toad) that we do a lot at the Fiestas. Mary and Manuel even got up there to do the motions. The clown carried off the ones who didn’t get the most applause and it was funny. He even carried Manuel off. Manuel was looking at him like he was crazy. I got some video of it and put it on my facebook page.

During church, Manuel was ‘reading’ his Daddy’s Bible and wearing his Daddy’s glasses. I got some pics of that. He looked so studious. It was cute.

We left before the clown was finished and as I was waving goodbye to Marcela, the clown noticed and started waving to me. Then he pantomimed that his heart was beating huge for me. He was funny. As we left the building we ran into a boy on a horse who had been riding by and stopped to see what was going on. I got his picture and it included the little colt that was following the mama horse. The boy’s name was Pedro. I hope he starts coming to church next week.

We got back to the Mission House and had a yummy lunch of roast chicken with potatoes, onions and carrots. We also had green beans and corn. It was really good. It was a little bit overcast, not much, but enough that Sherry didn’t want to bother getting in the pool, so the Hulsey’s went home for a nap and Mary and I went to our rooms to relax.

I took a sweet nap and then worked on cleaning and organizing a little bit more in my room. I downloaded the pics and videos from this morning. I had popcorn for dinner and then worked a little on the computer and then played on it some. Now it’s time for a video and bed.

This is Holy Week here and school is out and some businesses are closed. A lot of people go to the beach, even though it’s too rough to really swim. But it’s something different to do. I’m glad we don’t live at the beach anymore. It’s much nicer to be here on the edge of town.

As we were leaving town this morning for La Quimera, we had to take a detour because one of the main roads was blocked by crowds re-enacting the ‘Triumphal Entry’ of Jesus. There will be lots of parades and festivities this week. It will be an unusual week for business and such.

We are not having any classes this week so the ladies can do their family holiday stuff. Mayela and I will still got to visit the Feeding Centers on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Mary and I hope to go to town and run around a little bit one day. We want to purchase more sewing stuff and just look at what’s available here. It will be fun. I’m sure there will be a stop at the ice cream store, too!!!

I’ve really felt blessed today. I love worshipping my God and especially here. All my correspondence on facebook and emails today has been upbeat and happy. I probably should have made some phone calls to the states today, but it just skips my mind when I’m enjoying my tasks. I’ll have to remember to do so tomorrow.

Time for a video and reading and bed. Ahhhhh, what a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment