Sunday, April 8, 2012

Friday, April 6, 2012

It’s Good Friday. It’s been interesting spending it here in Nica. Most everything shuts down today. People are preparing for celebrations. There have been parades and parties in the streets for the last few days. Also, for today, people will block off streets and draw with chalk & paint or they will use stuff to make mosaic pictures on the streets. The scenes depict the Triumphal Entry of Christ, His death and burial and His resurrection. I didn’t get any pictures of these things today, but I did see some of the streets being worked on as the taxi drove by.

Speaking of the streets, there were a lot of detours necessary today to get anywhere. I went to have lunch with Oscar and Josselin, so I called Jorge and had him take us and bring us home. He knows where he’s going. And besides, I like to tease him. Right now, he, his wife Lesly and I have been teasing each other about who’s new cell phone is the best. It’s been funny.

I chose to wear a skirt today because it is so hot in long shorts and capris. I’ll probably wear a dress tomorrow, too, just because it’s more comfortable. It’s been so humid the last couple of days from the rains. But it was a good treat for the land to get the unexpected showers!

Buster spent last night and tonight at the Hulsey’s house. Since he wasn’t here to patrol the grounds, the big, fat frog was up around the pool (which is right outside our doors) ribbetting all night long. I had forgotten how annoying he could be. ☺
Buster came for a visit today and was doing his usual barking and chasing of the dragonflies that like to hover over the pool. He goes crazy chasing them. When he get frustrated with stuff he goes and attacks plants. He has pulled many up by the roots. He’s such a weird dog…

This evening I watched a silly movie while sorting and organizing some stuff in my room. (will I ever finish doing that??) The group that is here (70 people) having a retreat are all actually going to bed before 9pm. I can’t believe how quiet it is! I was expecting music and cajoling and squeals from the swimming pool until at least 11pm. What a treat to be able to go to bed early myself!

Our internet has been very sketchy all day and evening. I’m thankful that I can use my phone to check my emails for anything important. For tonight, I think I’ll just watch a video and read and go to bed.

I spent most of the morning in my room doing Bible study and praying over friends and their various needs right now. There are so many hurting people. I know that God has them all in His hands. I pray for them to feel that assurance and peace. He is doing miracles in many lives and I pray that He is praised for all of those things. Mostly, I pray that He is honored and glorified for WHO He is. He is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment