Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The weirdest thing happened last night. My microwave went bonkers while I was asleep. I awoke to it’s beeping. Usually, I hear a beep only when the electric has went out and come back on. Then the clock just show a blank screen. This time, the electricity was on, the microwave was constantly beeping and the clock screen said 77:77. How weird! I couldn’t get it to clear or reset or anything, so I just unplugged it. This morning, I plugged it back in and it’s a happy camper again. Hum…

Mayela and I worked on the Feeding Center files this morning and then we headed off to the La Quimera Feeding Center to take some pics of kids who have been sponsored. There were 7 kids on my list. 2 didn’t come today, 2 have moved away and I got pics of three of them. Pastor Brian was at the center helping cook and serve the kids’ meals. I really like him. I’m so glad that God brought him to La Quimera church.

Mayela and I got back to the Mission House just before 1pm. We had lunch and then Lesly, Mary and I went to town to do some ministry shopping. Mayela stayed here and finished putting the file together for the Noah’s Ark Feeding Center sponsor book.

We were lucky enough to park at La Unión and walk to each store that we needed to visit. Lesly needed to pick up another bathing suit for Sherry, we stopped at the movie theater to get a flyer of the movies now showing, but they were out of the flyers, I bought a new Nica phone that holds 2 chips, so that I can use both the cell phone companies here and save money on calls, we stopped at the sewing notions store and Mary picked out some items for her sewing class and I got myself some new thread, then we went to the bookstore next door and I got 2 packets of school supplies, one for primary grades and one for secondary grades. We put our stuff in the SUV and headed to La Carasau to pick up 2 more sewing machines with money donated for the sewing classes. Mary and I got tickled talking about our funny ‘watermelon’ story from yesterday and I think Lesly was embarrassed to be seen with us! We dropped Lesly off to pay the ministry phone bill and Mary and I headed back to the Mission House about 4pm.

Manuel did a great job at school this afternoon and actually finished early. So, at 4:30, we all packed into the SUV and headed to Suyapa for dinner. Saturnino lives in Las Peñitas, where the restaurant is located, so we gave him a ride home instead of him having to take the bus.

There is already lots of traffic and stuff going on at Las Peñitas and Poneloya beaches for Holy Week. It will be so crazy trying to get around places this week. I’m so glad that we live here at the Hotel in town now. I can’t say that enough. What a blessing!

Mary and I got back to the Mission House about 6:30 and went to our rooms. The place had been rented by the big Rose of Sharon church for a youth event for the evening. The music coming through our rooms was great and it was even greater to have quiet after they left. There are some girls still here swimming in the pool. I’m ready for them to go home, too, so we can get ready for bed. I’m sure Mary is ready for them to leave, too. ☺

It’s been a great day. Lots to keep up with and even more to do tomorrow and the days that follow. It will be tough starting next week, when we have all our classes back up and running and Mayela and I will be going to Feeding Centers every morning. I definitely need to manage my time well!

I heard that there were some bad tornadoes and bad weather across Texas and Arkansas (and probably other states, too, but we don’t get much news here). I’m praying for all of the people affected by those storms.

I’m thankful for another great day. I’m so thankful to be here serving my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment