Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunday was an interesting day. We got up and ready for church and found that the battery on the car was dead. German came and jumped it for us, but we were too late for church. We let the car run for awhile to charge the battery back up, then we went to Maxi Palí for grocery shopping and general looking around. Then we had a yummy lunch at On the Run. Lelsy thought us funny that we planned all week to have lunch at a convenience store, but they have good food!

We got back home and relaxed for the rest of the day. Both Mary and I took naps. When I woke up, I felt sluggish and sweaty, so I took a dip in the pool. The sun was almost setting, so it was nice. Then I came in to my room and watched a movie and did some hand sewing. It was a very nice evening.

I missed going to church and hearing Pastor Brian and encouraging the church body. I can’t wait to go next Sunday.

This morning I got up early to greet Jeremy, who was here to work with German. Jeremy is working with us fulltime now and I’m excited. He will work with German in setting up all the ministry stuff for teams and getting all the details worked out for crusades. He’ll be working closely with Pastors and he will be great. (especially since he’s an associate pastor himself!)

After jumping the car again this morning, Mary and I went to La Unión to meet Lesly for grocery shopping. When we were done, the car was dead again. We called Jorge, Lesly’s husband to come and help us out. While he was getting the car started, we ran to a store and bought me a second bookcase for my room. I was so excited to get to do that! Jorge told us to go straight back to the Mission House and he ended up racing us by going through the side streets that he knows so well as a cabdriver. We ended up in front of him at one of the major intersections and then he took off down another side street (which was very bumpy!!). He barely beat us back to the Hotel, but was proud of himself.

German and Jeremy had a meeting in La Paz Centro, so they took off as soon as Jorge was back. Us girls worked on our various projects and then had lunch. Jorge took the car to get a new battery. He got back and drove Mary and Mayela to Evangelism class at La Quimera. I worked more on the Feeding Center records and then met with German and Pastor Marvin in the mid afternoon.

Our meeting was good and we got a lot of things communicated. Things, especially ministry, run so much better when people communicate!! I’m excited about our working relationship and I know it can only get better!

Pastor Marvin took Bibles to his mother and aunt when he left. German and Jeremy worked a while on crusade stuff. Then everyone went home except me and Mary. We snacked for dinner and then went to our rooms.

I was so excited to get my new bookcase. It matches my other one and I have them on each side of my bed. It looks really nice and I have them both filled already. I love getting organized!! I also love getting the stacks of papers and files off of my work table so I can enjoy working on the computer or sewing or whatever. Ahhhh

Alberto left at 6am this morning for a week’s vacation with family. He saves up his days off until he can have a week at a time. Mauricio is working for us this week as a guard. Buster is trying to show him the ropes. We’ll see who wins!

My friend Carol from NYC has been messaging me off an on lately. She has been diagnosed with cancer and given 1 year to live. She is very depressed. I wish I could give her a big hug. Instead, I have to wait until she feels like communicating. Please be in prayer for her.

I have many friends who are fighting cancer right now. There is such a difference in their journey when they know the Lord. I pray that He is glorified and sought after during these trying times.

I bought my tickets to Indiana and back for next month. I have to make a quick trip up there to finalize the paperwork for my Dad’s estate. It will be hard on my sister Sandy. I’m glad that I can be there. This will give me the chance to be up there for this milestone as well as see my Mother near her birthday. And it gives me a chance to satisfy my Visa requirements and bring stuff back from the states. I got pretty good flights and the cost was not too bad. I’m thankful!

I think I’ll put the paperwork away for tonight and watch a video and go to bed. I plan to have sweet dreams in my organized room! I thank my God for all blessings, big and small. He knows what makes me happy and cares enough to give me the little things, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment