Monday, June 4, 2012

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I got up early and had some plain pancakes for breakfast. I love to eat them like bread. I got the chance to chat with Denise, one of the team members, before time to leave. I would have loved to have another hour or two to talk with her. We’ll have to catch up on email.

I put my suitcases in the van and joined the team for their Fun Day excursion. We rode 3 hours over to Masaya to the Mombacho volcano for the Canopy Tour (zip line down the side the of the volcano). I got to sit and chat with Manuel and Danilo while the team ziplined. Chet and the 3 little girls hiked around and cheered on the zipping people.

Then we headed to Granada for a yummy lunch at Zanguan’s restaurant. It always takes forever to get in and out of there, but the food is really good. Then we headed out to Catarina for some shopping and then it was about 4:30 and time to head back to Managua to take me to the hotel across from the airport.

I was dropped off at the hotel about 5:30 and the team headed on back to León. I called Mike to let him know the team was on its way. I rested in my room for a while and then went to the restaurant at the hotel and had a great dinner. Grilled chicken breast stuffed with spinach and mozzarella cheese, mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. I was in heaven! I returned to my room and watched a little tv and read for awhile. I made some phone calls and then went to bed. I had set my alarm clock for 4am, so I was wanting to get to sleep as soon as possible.

I really enjoyed sleeping at the hotel. Although it was very strange to not have the noises from the birds, geckos, frogs, etc. I slept well. I was feeling better after being really sick earlier in the week, but the rest was great. I felt very much at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment