Monday, June 4, 2012

Sunday, May 27, 2012

We were planning on going to Ohio to visit my Aunt June today, but we forgot to call and see if she would be home. Sandy called this morning and it turns out that June has plans for today and tomorrow, so we are going to drive over to visit her on Wednesday.

Sandy and I went shopping at the outlet mall in Edinburgh. We had planned on going on up to Greenwood Mall, but while shopping at the outlet mall, Sandy got a call from someone wanting to look at the tractors that are left at Dad’s. We grabbed an Arby’s (one of my favorites and I miss them when in Nica) and headed back to Dad’s house. Sandy stayed at the house and took care of business while I drove the truck on over to a few stores to get more things off of my list.

I went to Best Buy and Office Max and found the things I was looking for. Then Sandy called and I headed back to get her. We then went to JoAnn Fabrics and I found some great stuff on sale for the sewing classes in Nica. Then we went to the DollarTree store and I got great deals there. Then a stop at Big Lots for more bargains. We were pretty tired by then, so we went to Kroger grocery store and I stayed in the truck while Sandy ran in for sodas, potatoes, cool whip and chicken. Luckily, she’s not cooking all of those things together! Ha

We were driving Dad’s little Ford Ranger pick up (which Sandy bought from the estate) and even though it has a tool box for storage in the bed, we had it stuffed with purchases! I barely had room to put my feet. We decided that it was time to go home!

I inventoried my purchases and took everything out of the packaging so that it will all fit in my suitcases better. What a haul! I’ve just about spent all my mad money (that came from the sales of Dad’s tractor collection). It’s all going to the ministry for supplies and stuff for me to be able to serve in Nica. I’m glad to be able to invest it in that way.

It’s time for bed again and I think I’ve made some good headway on getting things done during this quick trip to IN. I’m looking forward to another restful sleep. This time is going by quickly, but we’re enjoying it. Tomorrow will be spent with a little more shopping and then lots of time with family. It will be nice. I’m truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment