Monday, June 4, 2012

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Travel day to the US!!
I got up at 4am and got my shower. It didn’t take very long to get my things together and check out of the hotel.

I usually walk across the highway to the airport when it’s early and there’s not much traffic, but I treated myself to riding in the complimentary van service. It only costs what you want to tip.

I checked in for my flight. My checked baggage was just a few things inside my medium suitcase which was inside my big suitcase. Still, that only weighed in at 28 pounds. They will both weigh much more after I buy all the things in the states that are on my shopping list.

I purchased a couple of things from the little shops downstairs, including a nice little leather purse. How fun! I got upstairs and went to the little restaurant that I like to get breakfast at. They were not open any longer. Bummer! I stopped in at a little shop and bought a few souvenirs. I also bought my mom a pretty bracelet for her birthday. I stopped in at a snack place and had an awesome fresh fruit smoothing (pineapple and orange) and a banana for breakfast.

Once boarded on the plane, we were allowed to move around since over half of the plane was empty. I got a whole row to myself. Ahhh… I took a little bit of a nap. One of the flight attendants started chatting with me and we had a great conversation about the ministry and what the chances are for her to join us sometimes in León for some volunteer work. Her name is Connie and I’m looking forward to staying in touch with her. Later, another flight attendant came and sat with me and talked about the ministry, too. We made it to Atlanta in good time and then they couldn’t get the jetway to work. It was blocking the way and we had to wait for them to get it working to move it at all. It didn’t take too long, but it was funny to me.

I had a good lunch at Chili’s restaurant and made some phone calls. I had a couple of hours to kill so it was nice. I walked around a lot and enjoyed myself.

My flight to Louisville was completely full and uneventful. I enjoyed reading my Kindle while my seatmate slept most of the way. After we arrived, I ran into my seatmate again at the baggage claim and we had a long conversation. He was a really nice guy. I called my sister to tell her I was ready to be picked up (she usually waits in a little parking area), but she was still a ways away from the airport. There was some major traffic congestion on the interstate. I told her I didn’t mind waiting because it was nice to be out of a moving vehicle for a little bit. I stood outside the terminal and enjoyed the fresh air and made some phone calls.

Sandy, my niece Stacey and her son Colten came to get me. We stopped so I could grab a sandwich at Arby’s and Colten (2 years old) was so funny. He found a little old man eating by himself and went over and said hello. Then he crawled up in the next booth and stared at the guy. The man was very nice about it.

Colten would not say my name in February when I was last here. He finally started saying my name now. He is so funny. (and stubborn)

We got to my sister’s house and got settled in. I was very tired. Even though my body clock is 2 hours behind IN, I was ready for bed. I slept very well and really appreciated the rest.

It was a good day of travel and I’m so thankful to God for the time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment