Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday, May 28, 2012

It’s Memorial Day in the states and I’m here, so I get to spend time with family as they take off work.

Sandy, Terry and I met with a couple who live in upstate NY and are heirs of one of the companies that was a major part of Columbus IN (where my family lives) for many years. My Dad had made some woodworking replicas of the products produced by that company and given them to the family. Bill and his wife were very appreciative and were visiting Columbus for the weekend, so they called my sister to get together. They met us at Bob Evans Restaurant for lunch. Then they went with us to see Dad’s grave. It was interesting to visit with them.

We had an appointment to be at Dad’s house to show more tractors, so we swung by there. Two ladies came and had a blast looking through everything. They bought some tractors and then came back in even before they drove away and bought some little gas pumps to go with the tractors. They were fun.

We came back out to Sandy’s and fixed dinner. Stacey was hungry for home made noodles and mashed potatoes. We had that, chicken, frozen corn from last year’s garden and canned green beans from last year’s garden. Yum!! I ate way too much, of course!

After dinner, Sandy and Stacey and I went to the outlet mall in Edinburgh again. Sandy and I had to cut our trip short the day before to sell more tractors. I got a few more jeans and tried on more shoes, but the jeans were the only things I bought. Stacey found some cute maternity tops. Sandy found some more shoes. It was a good trip. We needed the walk, too!

I was sooo tired by the time we got back to the house. I went to bed early, but slept badly. I would have loved to slept for about 12 hours in that comfy bed! But it was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment