Monday, June 4, 2012

Friday, May 25, 2012

My week visiting my sister will be packed with appointments, visits and shopping. We started the day with pedicures, which I really appreciated! We then headed to Target to start my shopping marathon. I was excited to get a special backpack that Jaasiel wanted. Woohoo!

We met with a financial advisor that my sister and bro-in-law use. He explained things very well to me. Even though I don’t have a lot of money to invest, he listened to me and my weird lifestyle and needs. (being a missionary means that you live opposite of what the world says is success and what goals should be) He gave me good advise and we filled out papers for next week when I receive my money from Dad’s estate. It’s not much, but it will help me when I reach retirement age (although I don’t plan on retiring form mission work).

We visited Mom and Gary at their house. Mom had just gotten home after having back surgery on Tuesday. She looked very tired, so we didn’t stay long. She seemed glad to have the surgery over with. Gary seemed glad to be home.

Sandy and I had a great lunch at a BBQ restaurant. We stopped at a yard sale and I found a couple of baby outfits for Nica. We stopped by Dad’s house (which Sandy and Terry are buying from the estate) and I was very impressed with all that they had done to clear out the house. Sandy has sold tons of tractors form Dad’s collection. It was amazing to see how different everything was.

Then we picked up Colten from Rob (his step-dad) and then picked up Conner and Isaac, some of Sandy’s other grand-kids. We got back to Sandy’s and had a cook out for dinner. Stacey came after work and Curtis, my nephew got here in time for the cookout, too. It was good to see them all.

Another night of going to bed at 11pm (which feels like 9pm to me) and sleeping great until 7am the next morning (which feels like 5am to me). I do feel more rested and healthy. It’s nice to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment