Monday, June 4, 2012

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Early evening at my sister’s house and the grandkids are playing outside with various balls, bikes and other vehicles appropriate for kiddos. Sandy’s got the washing machine going non-stop and I’m packing and repacking and repacking again my suitcases, trying to decide what will make the cut for traveling back to Nica with me on this trip.

We had another long day of running errands, shopping and appointments. The appointment with the lawyer was at 3pm and took all of 15 minutes. Sandy has worked so hard since Dad died in January to get the estate in order. It wasn’t a big estate, but the documents were a mess to figure out. Sandy and Terry now own the house and can start tearing it apart to remodel. The house itself was worth $0, so the price was just for the land and 2-car garage/workshop. Terry will have fun making the house inhabitable. Sandy will be moving the rest of the tractor collection (a few thousand are left, but that’s only about 1/10 of what has been sold). It was a nice meeting with Pam, Sandy and I all in attendance. Probably the first time we have all been together in sweet spirit in over 30 years. At least we had that for 15 minutes!

Sandy was wanting to make sure that we could find a parking place at the lawyer’s office, so we arrived downtown 1 hour early. We walked down a couple of blocks to Zaharako’s Ice Cream Parlor. It was started by my great-grandfather’s cousins when they came over to the US from Greece. Sandy had a hot fudge sundae and I had a rootbeer float. Yum!

We finished up my shopping errands and headed home. Terry had traded us vehicles earlier in the afternoon. We took his truck and he took the Tahoe which included 3 kids. Haha! Stacey (my niece) was at the house feeding the kids. Laundry, packing and resting is the agenda for the evening.

One more day here in Indiana and then I’m off to Nica on Thursday. It’s gone by fast, but we sure got a lot of things done! It’s been a good week. It’s hard to believe that Dad has been gone for 5 months on Friday. His woodworking hobby and collecting of tractors has paid off in sales for us 3 girls and many donations to fire departments, historical society, library, companies, etc. I’ve been thrilled to use the money from my part of the sales to buy ministry supplies for Nicaragua. I think that is a good legacy for Dad. I find that I think of him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment