Monday, June 4, 2012

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sitting at the airport in Louisville KY (the closest and cheapest airport to my family in Columbus IN). All checked in and ready for my return travel back to Nicaragua. I don’t like travel days at all (because of my stomach and ear problems), but it will be good to be back in Nica. My mind is already getting back into that mindset.

Yesterday, I went with Sandy, Terry, Conner and Isaac to visit my Aunt June and Uncle Mac in Ohio. It was a 2+ hour drive there. We visited for a couple of hours with them at their retirement condo. It was a very nice place. They have always had a huge house (4 boys) and it was a change to move to a 2 bedroom place, but it’s really cute and laid out nice. We stopped for lunch and then at a couple of stores on our way out of Ohio. I found a cute pair of sandals to take back to Nica. We got back to Sandy’s about 6pm and I finished up some laundry and packed for the last time. I slept pretty well considering I had so many things on my mind.

Today, Sandy and Colten (2yr old grandson) and I went to the Credit Union to deposit my checks from Dad’s estate. I put the money in a couple of accounts and took care of some business. Over an hour later, we walked out of the bank and headed south to the Louisville airport.

Colten finally started saying my name on this trip. Although he calls me Icky Jo (Vickie Jo). It’s a start! At least he doesn’t say a curse word before or after my name! haha

Sandy and I were just saying how fast this week has flown by. We had many appointments and were on the road constantly. She only had time to cook at home twice. There was no time for just relaxing. But I got so many things on my list taken care of. I’m thankful for the wonderful weather and the safe travels. Sandy helped me out a lot by making lots of phone calls and doing a lot of research for me so that I could just walk into the appointments and get things done. And we did a TON of shopping. I just about got everything on the Nica shopping list. I couldn’t fit everything I bought into my 2 suitcases, so a large amount will go back to Nica with me in the fall. I tried to prioritize as best I could. I always stress over the weight of my suitcases, and I was between 5-8 pounds underweight, but I was afraid to put anything else in them. I’m so thankful that I don’t have to tote them around everywhere! My carry-on and laptop backpack are enough trouble on the plane.

It would be nice if we could ship things to Nica, but then we would probably take those things for granted. We cherish every ministry supply now since it’s not easy to get them. It’s like Christmas to us!

A funny thing happened as I was going through security at the airport. I am wearing capris with cargo pockets. As I went through the body scanner I set off an alert. Seems that I forgot that I had (foil covered) Werther’s candies in the left cargo pocket. So I had to have my left leg patted down, remove the candy, have the candy x-rayed and then have my leg patted down again. I felt like I was caught by the candy police for eating too many sweets! Ha

I love my hard-sided luggage, especially the carry-on, which I use for a footstool at the airport. It’s nice to stretch my legs and elevate them between flights.

It’s about time to board my first flight, so I’ll finish this later.
Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment