Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I woke up this morning feeling so much better than yesterday. I was still queasy and felt a little weak, but much better. I didn’t have to take any food to Monte Horeb Feeding Center, which is good, since I didn’t have keys to the vehicle left here and the KIA, which I do have a key to, was at the Hulsey’s still. Auxiliodoro came by to pick up the meat bones for the soup they will serve at the feeding center today. She got to have a quick bite of breakfast before grabbing a taxi back to the feeding center.

Sometimes the Mission House (a former hotel) is used for Pastor’s meetings. I think they may be quarterly or something like that. Anyway, today’s meeting wasn’t held here because of us having a team. But a few pastor’s showed up by mistake. Luckily, the alternate location was just down the street, so it wasn’t too inconvenient.

One of the Pastor’s who showed up was 107 years old. He has been preaching for over 80 years. He uses a cane to walk, but he is in good shape otherwise. What a treat to meet him!

The team had a great day of Fiestas, visiting another Feeding Center and doing some construction. They relaxed on the grounds here and played in the pool. One of the team members is a beautician and also sings like an angel. She has been blessing us with her voice all week. Today she blessed many of us with free haircuts. It’s been so fun!

Mayela and I went to Monte Horeb Feeding Center to check in with the ladies and go over records. Then we ran some errands and were back by 1pm. I got my laundry done and started packing for my trip. It feels so weird to go away from here for just one week. I’m taking 2 suitcases (stuffed inside each other), my carryon and a backpack. I plan to bring lots of stuff back in those empty suitcases. I’ve got my shopping list for the states all ready!

I’ll spend the day tomorrow (Wed) with the team for their Fun Day in Masaya, Granada, Managua and that area. Then they will drop me off at the hotel across from the Managua airport on their way back to León. I’ll spend the night there and catch my early flight on Thursday morning.

I told Manuel that I would be going to the states and I would see him in 1 week. He wanted to know if he could sleep in my bed while I’m away. Haha. I asked what he would like for me to bring him back from the states and he said something with Justin Beiber on it. I have a list of things that some of my Nica friends want me to bring back, too. It will be fun shopping for them.

I’m going to go to be a little early tonight so I can be up and ready early in the morning. So glad to spend some ‘alone’ time with the Lord while traveling. He’s the best companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment