Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday, July 31, 2011 Nicaragua

My last full day here in Nicaragua. Didn't sleep much at all last night. Kept monitoring downloads on my computer and then synced my phone, iPod and Kindle. I'm so thankful for technology (and for the opportunities that God brought my way to earn the money for these nice toys that I really need to keep in touch from down here). I kept having weird dreams about losing my Nicaragua phone while back in the states. In my dreams were people I don't normally see in my daily life. weird...

Friday, the team plus Beth, Kearsten and Bethany, all went out for Fun Day. They rode boards (like sleds) down the side of a volcano. Mixed feelings about the experience. An hour hike up a very steep rocky volcano in the heat. A dirty, bumpy and sometimes perilous ride down. Doesn't sound like fun to me, but some of the team loved it tremendously. I did do the zip-line on my first time here, but I don't think I'll indulge in volcano boarding. Anyway, they came back to León and had lunch and did a little shopping and then spent their last moments on the beach. They videoed some testimonies with the ocean as the background. I'm sure they are very moving. We all went to Suyapa for dinner. Everyone loved the food. We got back to the team house and everyone started packing for the departure time of 3am. Mary and I got up to see them off. Beth popped out of the room in time to wave to the vans.

We enjoyed the team very much. We had a good week, although there was more down time than usual in our schedule. They made a great impact with 230 salvations, a conference, bringing messages in church services, a feeding, VBS and some construction work. They were a blessing to us after 2 months of teams coming down. I hope that they were blessed themselves and stretched and grown and challenged in their walk with the Lord.

Yesterday, we worked around the house doing the usual cleanup after a team leaves. Plus we started packing up our stuff for the move to the new place. We went into town to drop Beth off to visit the Speigles and we headed out to Posoltega to see the spot where we hope to purchase a piece of land to build a church plant and feeding center. It's a very unique and poor neighborhood. I'll be starting Women's Bible Studies there in the fall and I'm praying about the women who live there and how God is going to touch these women's lives.

We had a quick lunch at the Tip Top Express at the Texaco station. Then we picked up Beth and headed back home. It was raining off and on and a perfect afternoon for a much needed nap.

I caught up on working with the receipts from the team expenses. My stuff is all packed except for what has to wait until Sunday night. Although, it looks a mess in my room! Mary went to the Hulsey's to sit with Manuel while Mike and Sherry had a date. Beth and I fixed left overs and soup for dinner. I've been taking advantage of having possession of the internet cable all last evening and all night long. I was downloading tons of updates, syncing my stuff and generally was up and down every few hours all night long.

I'm anxious to get back to Rogers to get a ton of stuff done and meet with a lot of people to organize some stuff that needs to be put into place for the the fall. I want to use my time very wisely. There is much to do there so that I can come back in Oct for the rest of the year. I'm so thankful to my God for all He allows in my life.

It's after 6am, so I had better go for my walk before it gets too hot.
The rest of the day will be spent on packing and getting ready to leave at 3am for the airport. I'll have to plan my naptime accordingly to get the best use of it!

God has blessed us so much this summer. Voice of Hope Ministries is growing and expanding and reaching so many people. God has opened His floodgates to bless the people of Nica. He blesses us by using us. I can't wait to get back and start some more of the on-going ministries. He is so faithful.

For now, I'll be excited to see friends and church family in Rogers. I'm so lucky and blessed with the life that God has given me. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment