Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday, July 7, 2011 Nicaragua

Had to walk barefoot on the beach this morning since I have a blister on my foot from walking in tennis shoes. I hope it heals quickly so I can get back to my good long walks in the morning before the team gets here. I won't have time to walk the whole 4.5 miles for the next 3 weeks, but I hope to get in a couple of miles each morning while they are eating breakfast.

I somewhat enjoyed the walk on the beach since I could be out in the fresh air and sunshine. I didn't enjoy that the sand is soft and it's very difficult to walk. Also, the beach is eroding so much that it's not possible to walk along the surf on flat beach like before. How sad.

I was looking out at the ocean and thinking of things this morning. There were clouds way in the distance (to the west) and I thought about how they could effect our weather today. The sea looked calm along the horizon and then as it came closer to the shore the waves and surf became very powerful. Fishing boats were out past the breaking waves doing their thing. A seagull was flying along the breaking waves to see if there was any fish snacks churching in the waves. Then there were the waves curling and crashing and coming on shore all foamy and unpredictable. Taking away bits of shoreline and changing the landscape at will. Each part of the ocean has it's own characteristics, but it's all part of the same ocean.

It reminds me of our lives. So many different parts that are all connected to each other. Some parts are calm, some tranquil, some strong, some building strength, some forceful, some helpful and giving, some dangerous and taking away. Always changing.

I need to remember all moments of my life and cherish the things that bring me joy and peace and comfort. Place them in my mind's eye and in my heart to remember for always. I also need to remember how forceful life can be and how helpless I can feel on my own.

And to remember that God is more powerful than anything in my life and that He is with me always. Through tranquil waters or crashing waves. He's there.

Just a few thoughts from my walk this morning. Had to jot them down or I would forget. Thank You Lord for giving me emotions and thoughts. And thank You for Your Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment