Friday, July 15, 2011

Tuesday July 12, 2011 Nicaragua

We did 2 more Fiestas this morning. It was hot and the people were crowding in and would not back up. It became stifling. But they were so interested in what was going on that they would not back up one inch. They truly loved the games and songs and the drama. We had a total of 267 Professions of Faith today. That included kids and adults at the Fiestas, street witnessing and a few people that the Youth Conference workers spoke with. Quite a day of witnessing.

The Youth Conference was not advertised well by the churches for some reason, but the 5 people from the team who went to lead it went out on the streets and prayed with 3 construction workers, who accept Christ. They also were prayed over by a Christian woman who said that she gets up at 3am every morning and prays for the workers from North American who come to Nicaragua to share the Gospel. The team members were honored to have her pray over them.

Manuel, Mike and Sherry’s 9 year old son loves to ‘preach’. He shares the Gospel over and over again all day long. He gets excited at the Fiestas and is so happy to be here in Nicaragua when he can preach like his daddy. After the first Fiesta, we were in various levels of packing up and making our way back to the vans. Manuel was ‘preaching’ to a couple of kids on the roadside. A bunch more kids were gathering behind him to see what he was saying. Manuel knows that he needs a translator, so he had snagged one who was faithfully sharing what Manuel was saying. Some of the team came along and saw what was going on and turned Manuel around so that the crowd of boys could see and hear him. They helped him along by leading the boys in the prayer to accept Christ and 35 boys accepted Jesus because of Manuel starting to preach! It was awesome!

On our way home from Chichigalpa, where we are working all week, the air conditioner in the silver van died. We rolled down the windows and enjoyed the fresh (if hot) air. I loved it. I’d rather have a breeze or fan blowing than air conditioning myself. We made it back to the house to find the power was out again. We had a great lunch of grilled chicken breast, rice, beans, slaw and tortilla. So good! Some of the team took advantage to the 3 hours of down time to hit the beach. The rest of us found spots to rest.

I fell asleep in my room and slept hard in the stuffy air. I awoke not feeling great, so I stayed back tonight from the Crusade. I went to the house to pack for tomorrow’s Fiestas and the Women’s Conference and realized that the power was back on. I don’t know if it was on for a long time and I just didn’t know it, since my fans were turned off. How silly if I was in that stuffy room for no reason! Ha Anyway, I got my chores done and then took a much needed shower and got some Bible Study and work done this evening.

My stomach is still a little iffy, and supper won’t be served until the team gets back about 9pm, so I had a peanut butter sandwich and will call it a night.

As I am typing this, the power just went back off. I hope they get it back on before time for bed. The air is cooler because it rained earlier, but the mosquitoes like to come in the open windows at night and I hope not to have to sleep with my windows open. Oh well..

At least the cooks and work by flashlight and the oven is run on propane. I’m glad I got my shower earlier. Guess I’ll get off here for now and conserve computer battery power.

I’m sure the Crusade is going great and I can’t wait to hear all about it. God is really blessing here in Nicaragua and it’s so wonderful to be a part of it. He blesses my socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment