Thursday, July 28, 2011

Friday & Saturday, July 22 & 23, 2011 Nicaragua

Friday was fun day for the team. Bethany and Kearsten went with team to zip line, shop and eat out. They all got back in the late evening. Mike and Sherry went out to dinner for a date. Mary, Beth and I kept Manuel company for the evening. I got the chance to work on receipts for a while. Beth downloaded some of my cds onto Manuel’s computer for his iPod and Mary relaxed. It was a good evening.

Saturday, I got up early and took a nice long, morning walk. The team left out for the airport right after breakfast. Beth and Kearsten went along so that they could shop a little between dropping off the team and picking up the next one later in the day.

Bethany, Mary, Mike and I crammed all our stuff in the van and delivered it back to the Team house first thing. Then we started helping the cleaning ladies clean up the mess left by the team. It was pretty extensive and took us most of the morning. We cleared away all the trash, empty water bottles and other stuff they left scattered everywhere. Fans and mattresses were put back in their proper places. Donated clothing (clean and dirty alike) was gathered to process for give-aways. Aracelys and Fatima worked very hard sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning bathrooms. The beginning of days of laundry (sheets and towels) was started. Bethany helped a lot by folding towels, putting the appropriate number of linens in each room, making sure there was handsoap and toilet paper in each room.

It took me a while to get my room back in shape. And then I started putting my clothes away that I had taken to the Hulsey’s for the week. I was thankful that I got to do laundry there the day before. By mid-afternoon, I had my room in order, a shower and was ready for a nap. Bethany hit the beach for a little while and Mary did her own thing. We all fixed whatever we could find for lunch and dinner, but Mary and I both were still a little queasy from our stomach issues and ate light. Bethany joked about being spoiled to Sherry’s cooking and the availability of leftovers at their house. I think she had peanut butter sandwiches and ramen noodles for her meals this day.

The team got in about 8:30pm and unloaded their bags and got a quick orientation. Then we all headed to bed.

It was a quick and busy turn around on the house. It felt good to see the transformation and be ready for our new guests. All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment