Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 Nicaragua

Wednesday night and the week is half over already! The next team comes in on Saturday. (a few guys come in on Friday night) Just another day and a half of resting and prepping for the next 3 weeks of teams back to back.

I’ve been walking 4.5 miles each morning that we don’t have a team and it’s not raining. I’ve got a blister inside a blister on my left heel. I didn’t even notice it except that for 2 days it kind of felt like I might have had a bit of sand rubbing my heel. I’m not sure I should walk in the morning if it’s still big, but I hate to miss a day unless I have to. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Today, I walked and then worked on moving the giveaway clothing upstairs so that I can keep it sorted and add to it this next week. Then I worked on burning cds for Mary and Haley. The cds will also be used to download onto Manuel’s iPod. I have lots of Spanish praise music on my computer and would like to get even more. It’s all I listen to. I love it and I hope by listening to it exclusively, it will help me learn more Spanish.

After a quick lunch of leftovers, I took a shower and rested for a couple of hours on my bed. It was heavenly! I dozed off for about a half hour, but the rest of the time I read my Kindle. I love that thing! So many books at my fingertips!

We all left the house about 3pm and met up with German and some Pastors/laypersons from Country Club church, who are trying to minister to a very rural area and start a new church. We were way out in the boonies. It was funny that every so often we would stop and pick up some more people. We filled the van. It was nice to hear their passion to reach this community. We are praying and discussing how VOH could be involved with them.

We had also gone by the proposed land for the new church plant near the sewer ponds. That is going to be a very awesome project. We are very attached to the people there. I’m excited about the future that God has planned for that area and the people.

We stopped and looked at a possible location for the VOH ministry to move to. It would be perfect for us and all the details seem to be God ordained. I’m so excited! We’ll see how things work out. More on that in the future!

We ran by Eskimo for an ice cream supper. I was just going to get a plain cone, but I saw that the ‘mini banana’ treat has a new type of plastic bowl. I had to get one so I could bring the bowl home! We made a bathroom stop and then went to service at Country Club church. Mike preached and it was very good. The Pastor there has a very good voice and I loved it when he led the closing medley of songs. German and his family joined us for church and German translated for Mike. I love to hear Mike preach and Mary especially loves it!

We got home and had a snack of peanut butter sandwiches. Then off to bed to blog, catch up on emails and facebook on my phone and get ready for bed. I may have to walk on the beach in the morning (barefoot) if I can’t wear my tennies. We’ll see. Anyway, I’m going to have a great sleep!

God is blessing the ministry so much. It’s an exciting time to be here working with VOH. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment