Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday, July 4, 2011 Nicaragua

A lovely evening. Sitting on my bed with the laptop and catching up on facebook and other things. Ready for a good night's sleep.

Yesterday, we ended up going to church in the evening to a different one than planned. It was nice. Mike preached a good message. It was nice to be in a small church. The people were precious.

Yesterday morning, I worked on my Bible Study for hours. I was a little behind. I'm still working diligently on it. It's hard to keep up when we have a team here. I also went on a 4.5 mile walk. I'm so thankful to be back in my routine, at least until the next team comes!

This morning, I went on my walk and a dog actually ran into me. He was trying to avoid a vehicle coming down the road and ran smack dab into my legs. I almost fell over. At least he fared better than the dog that ran into our van on Saturday morning. Splat! Actually, the van didn't fare all that well either, considering some things got broken underneath from the impact.

I had to dodge a few cows on the sidewalk again. They have such good manners. I took a few pics with my phone as I was walking my usual route. It's so very interesting and I am starting to take it for granted. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm in Nicaragua most of the time. So blessed.

I stayed back at the house today while everyone went into town for some shopping and groceries. Saturnino, our guard, was in town with his wife at the clinic most of the day. I stayed home to guard the house and to chill. I have a lovely time of Bible reading and then working on a crossword book. I needed the self-imposed 'time out'. Later, the gang got back home and we went for dinner at Suyapa restaurant. I love the grilled fish and veggies! Yum!

Tomorrow, I plan to walk in the morning again. (Haley is planning on walking with me, but she doesn't always get up) Then Haley and I are going to catch the bus into town for some running around and shopping. It will be our only chance to do so, and she's looking forward to the bus experience. It should be fun! Hope it doesn't rain!

Haley will be moving into another room tomorrow. She'll be close to Mary (who is a little scared here at the house at night) and we will all have our own rooms for a few nights. Then the team comes and Haley will bunk with the girls on the team, since it's her home church. I'll enjoy my room to myself for the first time. This will last about 10 days and then I'll share my room with Beth when she gets here. I'm looking forward to getting more settled in the room. Of course, after 10 days, I'll be packing my stuff up so that part of a large team can use the room. (We'll be staying with Mike and Sherry down the road.) I will enjoy the personal space for as long as I can, though.

I'm tired and ready for bed. Lots of things go through my mind each day to add to my blog, but when I sit down to write, I can't remember them all. oh well, maybe someday they will come back to me.

I'm so thankful to be here and serving with VOH. God is blessing me sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment