Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Monday (8/1) we flew back to Rogers. Our travel went really well. It was tiring since we had to leave the team house at 3am. The funniest thing was when Mike mistook the message signal on his cell phone for the alarm, and they showed up at the team house to pick us up 2 hours early. I was awake reading when the pulled in at 12:45am to load our luggage on the van. They wondered why the place was so dark. Funny moment, but one to make us more tired... But it was a good day of travel.

Connie McKnight picked me up at the airport and took me to Walmart to get some groceries. I got home about 6pm and was very tired. It was good to see Deanna and Jet. Lucy Alice, the cat, didn't bother to come out of hiding to greet me. I went to bed fairly early (for me) and slept almost 7 hours. I haven't slept that much in ages! I got up and went for a 4.5 mile walk. It felt good, even though I was still physically tired. I showered, had some carrot/orange juice and then got busy on the computer and worked for 10 hours straight. I wanted to take a nap, but I couldn't stop my mind and was so excited to have access to the internet, that I kept right on working.

Wednesday, I went on my morning walk again. It love it! I got busy taking care of a lot of computer work again. Shana Olinger came over to meet about some opps for serving in Nica. We had a great talk and I'm excited to be able to use her Battle Gear Bible Study in Nica in the future. I'm also excited that she is planning on coming to Nica in October.

Today, I had to skip my walk because of needing to leave the house before 7am. Avis was gracious enough to give me a ride to the Olive St church so I could pick up my 2 month's worth of mail and then go to Nana Ruth's house to borrow her van. I ran by the bank to deposit my August support check. Then I was off to Springdale for a doctor appointment. It was good to see Dr. Bob and he had good advice for my malady. Good news was that I have lost some weight this summer and my bloodpressure was lower than it has been in years!! woot woot!

I stopped by the sale at the Samaritan Store. I had fun running into Mary Ann, ML and Mary Lou. I found some good bargains to take back to Nica. I got a few pieces of clothing for myself, too. Then I picked up some lunch for myself and some items for Nana Ruth on my way to her house. After I dropped her off at work, I went by Dollar General in Bentonville, and Deals in Rogers looking for some bottle holders like I use in Nica. I didn't find them, but I found some good bargains on toys to take to Nica.

I was going to wait until Saturday to take advantage of the Tax-Free shopping. I would need to find a ride and hope that they would want to go in the middle of the night to avoid the crowds. Since I had the van today, I decided that buying my stuff today would be a good idea. It was worth the cost of the taxes to avoid having to go back on Sat and trying to workout the logistics. I was glad to get the stuff and get that list off of my mental list. I found some great deals (even clearance) on things on my list. I was so excited. I picked up a lamp, George Forman grill, towels, shower curtain, towels/washcloths, dishes, exercise equipment, rugs, over the door organizer, walking shorts, power strips/surge protectors, etc for my room in Nica. I've got most of the stuff I want to take down. I'm going to buy/make a curtain for my room, so I'll figure that out later. I can't wait to fix up my room when I get there. I'm going to buy a rocking chair and a table and chair to use as a desk. It's gonna be awesome!

I bought a sewing machine to take to Nica for our new women's ministry to use with the ladies. It was a great deal and I can take it as a carryon on one of my trips. I also found out today that I will be getting a bicycle to take as an extra baggage item. I'm gonna love it!!! It even has a basket. Miss Allie Ruth is going to give me her bike horn that someone gave her for her walker. I will think of her whenever I see it! I just need to get a helmet and good bike lock to take with me.

After my Walmart visit, I got my haircut and was blessed to chat with Carolyn. Then I stopped by The Pink Bag consignment store and found a few items to take to Nica. I took all my goodies home, grabbed a sandwich and then sped off to Bentonville to pick up Nana Ruth after work. We came back by Sonic for her dinner and then we went to Harp's and I ran in and picked up a few groceries for her. My ride picked me up on the street corner near Nana Ruth's. While waiting to be picked up, I got the chance to talk with Erika Zamarrón and her mother Elizabeth, as well as some of the kids. So nice to see them. My ride came and we were off to Miss Georgia's house for the Naomi Sunday School Class's meeting. 17 of my favorite ladies were gathered and I enjoyed them very much. They allowed me to share with them about Voice of Hope and all the things that God is doing in Nica. They are wonderful, generous women, who help to support me each month. Their prayers and support mean the world to me. I'm very blessed to know them.

I can't believe how much I got done today with the use of a car. I've been very blessed today. It is nice to get my list checked off and clear my mind for other things. I get to stay home the next 2 days (unless something interesting comes up) and get some serious computer and personal stuff done. I'll get to walk each morning and maybe even take a nap!

God is blessing my socks off and I don't deserve it at all. He is so gracious. I'm so thankful to share my love of Him with whoever will listen! I love You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment