Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday night and I can't believe the weekend is over already. Time is flying by.

Friday I had a good walk in the morning and then working on the computer most of the day. I went to bed early so that I could get up early for my busy Saturday.

I had planned to walk on Saturday morning, but I realized that I would be getting a good workout during the day at the Christian Women's Job Corps. My friend Nichole picked me up and dropped me off at the CWJC site. I enjoyed the next 5 hours helping to prep and prime walls for painting and pulling up old carpet. It was fun and I got to meet some new people. I enjoyed chatting with Pamela, too. I came home and grabbed a nap. Then I worked on the computer for a while. I love having the internet at my fingertips!

This morning I got up a little later than planned, so I only had time to walk 3.5 miles, but it sure felt good! JP and Noemi and Genesis picked me up for church. We went in early and I got to listen to the Praise Team rehearse. I loved it. It was so good to see my Cuerpo Vivo church family. I so much enjoyed worshiping with them today. Isidro was gracious enough to bring me home. I grabbed some lunch and did a little Bible Study, a little Spanish study and then took a good nap. I have been trying to catch up on my rest while I'm back in AR. I seem to be tired a lot in Nica and it's good to nap anytime I want here.

I ate too much for lunch, so this evening I just had some yogurt and fruit. I need to concentrate on healthy eating again. I feel like a kid in a candy store with so many of my favorite things so readily available. I need to exercise some discipline!

I'm glad to get so much accomplished last week. There is still so much to do and I only have 7.5 weeks left before I head back to Nica for 3 months. So much to do, so much to do...

I'm thankful to my Lord for all He allows me to experience when serving Him. I feel like I have such a blessed life. I'm so thankful that He allows me to feel comfortable in situations that others choose not to live in. He prepares me mentally and spiritually for the things He has planned for me. He is so faithful in providing for me and for making me only want what He has planned for me. I pray that I will always stay in tune with HIS plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment