Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday night. A cold night and I'm excited to feel the appropriate weather for the holidays!!
I even broke out the flannel pj pants!

This has been a very productive week so far. The Christmas Angel Tree project is coming along well. I know that God people chosen to bless these kids. I pray for the right people to be open to His leading and be a part of the blessing. It is always so awesome to see the recipients get loved on with the gifts and to see the sponsors filled with the joy of giving. The same goes for the Food Boxes project. Love this time of year!

Jet has been sad that we couldn't walk the last 2 days. It was too dark when I got home on Monday and Tuesday and then today it's kind of rainy. He gives me these sad-eye looks that can make me feel guilty. Lucy Alice (the cat) decided to bless me with a quick stop on my lap and then she laid in Deanna's lap for a long session of scratching behind the ears. She looked like she was thoroughly enjoying it.

Thinking about how the animals feel and act tonight makes me think about how I am with God sometimes. I look to Him with sad, pleading eyes when I want something (like Jet's walk) but don't understand why I can't have it right now (rainy weather). I'll have to remember that I sometime have 'Jet eyes' when I look to the Lord. And when I'm having a wonderful moment of basking in God's peace and love, I'll think of Lucy Alice lounging all stretched out and just soaking up the love and attention.

Speaking of being pampered, Jet got fed twice tonight. I didn't know that Deanna had fed him and I filled his bowl again. He looked at me kind of funny and that made me ask Deanna if she had fed him already. At least he is honest! I put his bowl up on the cabinet until tomorrow. The funny thing is that we have been putting him on a little bit of a diet and here I was giving him an extra meal today!

This week I got a message from Father Baker of St Malachy's Church in NYC. Each December, a group of different churches in the Mid-town area gets together to do a Living Nativity, with caroling and hot chocolate. The411nyc and then Parable provided the hot chocolate each year. We had volunteers from mission teams serve. It was fun and very, very cold! Father Baker was asking if we would be able to provide the hot chocolate again this year. I was able to forward his message on to the pastor of the church that is meeting in our old building. I hope it works out for them to take over that serving opportunity. I know the new church was always looking for ways to reach out to the community. I sure will miss being there for that special night. Last year, a wonderful couple, Judy and Tom from NC, came up a few days before the rest of their team and helped me serve at the Nativity. It was soooooo cold! My goodness, I think I can still feel that chill! But it was a wonderful night and I will always remember it and have a warm spot in my heart for Tom and Judy.

FBC Rogers is performing a wonderful Christmas program this weekend. I can't wait to see and hear it. It will be quite the production!

Well, it's time to go to bed and dream of Christmas-y things. I love this time of year. It's fun to celebrate Jesus a little each day.
Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment