Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday, December 26, 2009





Ahhhh... a quiet day of relaxing. This week has been very busy and so much fun. I have truly enjoyed this Christmas.

Wednesday was spent finishing up delivering the Angel Tree gifts and Food Boxes. I was blessed to spend more time with the Janes kids while Mom did some last minute shopping and errands. I like hanging out with them. I went to bed early again. I'm getting too old for all these reindeer games at Christmas!

Thursday morning, I got up early and hit Walmart one last time. It was very pleasant to get there before the crowds descended. I got to spend some time with Sarah and be her personal elf. I wanted to get to Springdale and back before the weather got too bad. It sure changed quickly from one day to the next. Earlier in the week I wasn't even wearing a coat!

I came home Thursday afternoon and made some cranberry relish salad and some more fudge. I ended up making 36 pounds of fudge this year. It's so easy and I have so much fun trying different variations. It seemed to be a big hit with everyone. I like to taste it, and then I'm done. I'd rather pig out on savory stuff. But, it might be dangerous to have extra fudge around the house. Deanna has already called me a temptress since she is a fudge-aholic. I'll take some to church on Monday and tempt the staff.

Christmas morning was nice. I gave Deanna a snuggie with Arkansas Razorbacks all over it. Now she can root for the Hogs and still be warm! Deanna and I had a quiet morning and I cleaned up the fudgy mess in the kitchen. I had left about 8 batches to dry and needed to cut and bag it. Deanna finished cleaning house to get ready for company for the evening. Bryon and his 3 youngest kids came over for lunch. They were late and Deanna was starving. We almost started without them! After lunch, they went to Karyn's for awhile and we had a little more quiet time here.

Christmas evening was filled with lots of people and pets and food and fun. We had snack food and played 'dirty Santa' with some interesting gifts. We had 22 people, 5 dogs, 1 cat and 2 rats (yes, someone brought their pet rats to Grandma's house). But no partridge-in-a-peartree. I ended up with a car emergency kit as my dirty Santa gift. I really liked it. I also received an ice-scraper glove, too, so I'm ready for the road! A Haynie cousin was gracious enough to give me the gift box that her gift came in. The box is round and has the word JOY on the top. I love it!!

Cora and JD spent the night with us and we all had a quiet morning. It was really cold, but JD wanted to go outside for a while. We wrapped him up in his coat, my gloves, hat, earmuffs and scarf. He looked like a true New Yorker! He was sweet and cleaned off some of the snow from the sidewalk and driveway. Jake and Elaine came to pick up the kids and they all left around 1pm for their 22 hour drive back to Las Vegas. Heidi, their dog, had been staying with us and Jet especially enjoyed having her here. She is such a sweetie.

I took my Christmas decorations down from my 2 rooms. It took all of 10 minutes. Then dusted and straightened up the den. The rest of today was spent just relaxing, playing on the computer and reflecting. It's been a good Christmas.

I have enjoyed so much getting to be a part of the Angel Tree and Food Boxes. That was the best Christmas gift for me! Sharing the love that God gave us through Jesus' birth is the best! God has blessed me so much. I'm truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment