Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Below is the Christmas Letter that I sent out to prayer partners.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas week!

Joy 2009

Greetings!
It’s hard to believe that 2009 is coming to an end in just a few weeks. It has been a year of many changes and lots of blessings, the fullness that only God can create.

I moved back to Rogers AR in May and began a period of time that included transition as well as service. It was really strange to acclimate myself back to suburbia after living in NYC for 2 years. There was a lot of adjustment on many levels.

It has been great to be working in NWA again. VBS, Mission Rogers Youth week, Back To School Bash, Thanksgiving Meals and Christmas Angel Tree and Holiday Food Baskets have kept me very busy. I have loved working with all the volunteers and getting to know new people and renew friendships. God has truly been faithful in His blessings!

After 12 months of feeling ill and 11 medical tests, a knight in shining armor finally removed my gallbladder in November and I am reveling in good health. I would have loved to have been ‘healed’ sooner, but God knew it would take me a year to really get committed to a healthy lifestyle. I’m thankful for His faithfulness and ready to respect the health He has given me.

God has been stretching and growing me through so many circumstances this year. A great Precept Bible Study, personal Bible studies, inspiring books, new friendships, many ministries to be involved with, Spanish classes, helping with Cuerpo Vivo (Hispanic Church), the promise of new ministry opportunities for next year… It’s been a full year.

I’m so thankful to all who help to support me through money, prayer and love. I’m so honored and humbled to be allowed to serve fulltime as a missionary. It’s my heart’s desire to please Him with every minute of my life and I feel very lucky to be able to do that.

As Christmas approaches, I am giddy as a child and reverent as an angel when I think about Christ’s birth and how important that moment in time is to all mankind and all eternity. I’m filled with joyous songs of celebration and praise.

My prayer for you is to have time to slow down during this season of hustle and bustle, to remember and truly celebrate Christ’s birth, and enjoy family and friends. Sing praises, lift prayers, share love and experience the Joy that God has given us as His children.

Blessings to you, my friends!
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment