Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday night and I'm home doing laundry and working on Angel Tree. It has been a really good week. Very busy doing all my 'elf duties'. I love it!!

We are now up to over 150 kids who are being blessed through the Angel Tree. I'm so thankful for all the wonderful people who have 'adopted' these Angels. It will make such a difference in these kids' lives this year. Reaching out and touching peoples lives is one of the most treasured feelings you can get. God just fills your heart with warmth and joy. He is the Creator of these feelings and He delights in letting us experience them.

I know I have said this alot, but I cannot express enough how blessed I feel that God allows me to live as a full-time Missionary. No matter where I'm serving, I get to be a part of touching peoples lives, sharing Jesus, and encouraging others to do the same. What could be better? (beside Heaven, I mean)

I went over to Gus' house (the dog I will be staying with next week). He (with the help of his master) showed me where his food and water bowls and supplies are, his favorite toys, how to work his doggie door, where he likes to sleep, where I'll be sleeping, etc. He is really full of energy. It will be a fun week. I've decided to make my multiple batches of fudge at Gus' house at night next week. I won't be in any one's way and it will give me a task for each night. (also, it won't drive Deanna crazy to have it all over her house) It will be good to have all of it made and packaged up and ready to share. Of course, I'll give Deanna some of each batch so she can be my quality control person!

I need to finish my Christmas cards soon, too. Time is marching on so fast. Maybe I can get them done this weekend between all the elf duties. I'm having so much fun!

We had our FBC Staff Christmas lunch/party this week. It was nice and simple and pretty and fun. I'm not the most exciting party guest sometimes and can even be a humbug at Christmas parties. I'm glad everyone had a good time and good food. And I'm appreciative of Lisa and Avis for putting the party together. They did a nice job.

My ABF (aka Sunday School) class is having a Christmas Breakfast/party tomorrow morning. I can't eat most of the food, but I have come to enjoy smelling foods that I can't eat and still feel satisfied. Also, it will be nice to visit with everyone. In lieu of sharing gifts, we are all bringing items for the food pantry as our 'gifts'. I like that idea.

Tomorrow afternoon I get to babysit the Janes' kids. What fun! I love spending time with them. Who knows what we will be up to!

We're working on helping a family get settled into an apartment. They have arrived with pretty much the clothes on their back and need everything. It has been awesome seeing how God is bringing people together to provide for this family. God knows every one's resources and what is available. He directs us to come together to take care of others. The key is to be open and tuned in to God's leading so that we can realize the needs and how He wants to use us. I love seeing Him at work!

Wow! As I am writing this, I stopped to take a phone call from someone who has a bed for the family and is going to deliver it tomorrow! Earlier this evening I got a call from someone who has another bed and all kinds of household goods for the family to choose from. Other families have contacted us today with lamps, kitchen items, a tv, linens, etc. How awesome! God is opening the hearts of His children to take care of each other. And I get a front row seat to watch it happen! I'm so thankful.

It's quiet here at the house tonight. Deanna is out with friends from church. Jet seems to find me boring tonight and instead of laying here in the living room, he keeps going to his bed in Deanna's room. He did get to go outside for a few minutes as I unloaded the car. He thinks anytime he goes out the front door counts as a 'walk'. I'm glad he's easy to please!

I think I better close for now and get some things done. God is so good and I'll go to sleep reflecting on all He has shown me today. That will make sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment