Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 28, 2010

My last Tuesday here. (we fly out next Tuesday)

I got up early and washed my sheets (which took less than an hour to dry on the clothesline) and another load of laundry. I made a big pan of oatmeal for this week. I put the last of my walnuts and cranberries in it. I still have flaxseeds and sunflower seeds left. I'll have to figure out what to do with them.

I sat upstairs on the veranda (the upper room) and did some Bible Study in a rocking chair. My view was the ocean. beautiful. I've been reading through the New Testament again and marking special passages that speak to me while I'm here in Nic. I don't think I'll make it all the way through, but I'm making good progress. I love it.

We found out the that team coming in at noon, was delayed until 3pm. That meant that I had time for my last afternoon nap. I took my shower, put clean sheets on the bed, had tuna for lunch and laid down to sleep. I was so excited about my last nap that I couldn't go to sleep! I would read a little and get sleepy and then when I put the book down, I would start thinking of a million things. I rested for a while, but never did go to sleep. Which is just as well, since I need to go to sleep at a decent time tonight to get up early for the rest of our ministry days.

The team was delayed even longer and didn't make it here until after 6pm. We fed them sandwiches and chips and cookies. We discussed Fiestas a little about our schedule. They were very tired from a long travel day. Mandy and I worked on getting the prizes and candy ready for the Fiestas tomorrow. Everyone went to their rooms about 8pm.

We will be doing 7 Fiestas, 1 feeding and 5 church services over the next 6 days (Jan 1st will be the day off, since German says that Nicas all take New Years Day off, even the chickens don't lay eggs). We'll use that day to go into León and let everyone shop a little (hoping stores and the vendors at the park are open), get coffee from La Unión to take back home, eat out, etc. We'll be ending on Monday with a Fiesta and a feeding. It will be a nice week.

The beach is getting busy with people coming for the holidays. New Year's Eve is supposed to be a big day. Lots of partying on the beach. It's quite different from the usual quiet days that we experience here. There are already lots more noise as the houses near us have vacation renters and the beach stays busy even after dark. There are even a couple of four wheelers that go rip roaring back and forth. I hope they don't run over anyone. I'm sure we'll hear plenty of fireworks this week, especially on Friday and Saturday. They love their fireworks here.

I've been getting emails and facebook messages about things I need to take care of when I get back to AR. It will be nice to be busy with projects there, too. I'm praying about what my future transportation will be like. God knows where I need to be and when and how. I trust Him to show me interesting ways to meet with people and plan my schedule to His agenda.

The Caubbles made it to Dubai today. Very loooong flights. I don't like flying over 3 or 4 hours at a time, so I admire them for making it. I know they are so excited to be in there new Home country and starting their mission duties. I know the Phillips are very happy to have them there, too.

I guess I had better go to bed now. I'm so thankful for all God allows me to do and where He allows me to go. I pray that I glorify Him with my life and my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment