Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday, Oct 2, 2009

October 2nd is the birthday of the first child of my highschool bestfriend. Kari was born our senior year. It's hard to believe that she is 34 years old today and a mother herself. In highschool, we believed we were so mature and 'enlightened'... We had ideas of how we would be at middle-age, but it wasn't anything like the reality that is now! I suspect it's the same for everyone.

As smart as we think we are at any given age, we are but a silly anecdote in God's wise plan. There is so much in this version of life that man has altered from what God originally intended for us. We make things so complicated as we use our perceived intellect and self-serving vision for the future. God created us to love and worship Him, and love each other by sharing Him.

Sometimes it is soooo cleansing and refreshing to stop, take a step aside from the fast lane and watch the rest of the world scurry by as they seek the meaning in their lives. We think that with striving to be smarter, more technically savvy and applying ourselves, we can help God out by discerning the most appropriate path for ourselves. Aren't we silly to think God needs our advice? Kind of like when we were in highschool thinking that we had our future all figured out.

Even though I accepted Christ as Savior when I was 15, I didn't really allow Him to be my Lord and Master. I thought I was supposed to figure it all out on my own, while living within His forgiveness, mercy and grace. I wish I would have understood better back then that I could really ask Him to show me HIS path for my life.

As I'm studying the Covenant Precept Bible study, I'm learning so much more about how deep and full the relationship He offers each of children is. He's brought me closer and closer to Him through this journey as His redeemed child over the years. Especially these last few years, as I have surrendered my entire life to serving Him anytime, anywhere and in anyway. Learning more about the depth of His promises to me is unbelievable sometimes. It is a love that only someone as big as He is can create.

I think sometimes in looking at His omniscience, we forget just how personal and intimate His relationship with each of us is. Only a God this wonderful can love us on so many levels. His protection and care for us are not just gifts from a loving God. He made the strongest and most serious promise to us in the blood covenant of Jesus Christ. He will never break that covenant, and will always be there for us.

I am so in awe of Him. He is worthy of so much more than I can give in praise and love. I will give Him my all, not because my all is worth anything, but because He deserves all I can give.

I'm so thankful for His Word to study and draw insights from Him. I'm also very thankful for those who share the Word in sermons and Bible study classes and books and songs. Just as there are so many tasty foods to take in nourishment, there are many delicious ways to soak in His Word. He makes the experience of being His child quite yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment