Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday, Sept 30, 2009

Wednesday night after church. It was a really great night at the Crusade at my church (FBC Rogers). Lots of people, great music, perfect message, Razorback drum line, dozens of people getting baptized. God being glorified and His love being shared.

We were wanting to have clothes on hand for people to get baptized tonight right after the message, so I got to make trips to 2 Walmart stores to pick up tshirts, undies and shorts. Thankfully, the shorts were all on clearance since it is the end of summer, but that also meant that there weren't many sizes available. I did have fun with the assignment of picking everything up. On one trip, the shopping cart was stacked taller than me! The cashier asked what all of it was for and I got to share with her about the Crusade and being ready to baptize lots of people. She is a Christian and thought it was pretty cool. Now I need to take what I can back for a refund tomorrow. Crazy, but it was well worth it!

Jet and I took another long walk tonight before church. He was a little tuckered out on the way back. He is as out of shape as I am, so no mercy on either of us! We must keep it up! The weather (and my health) have allowed us to make it out for a walk for the last 5 days. I'm not sure if there are any blades of grass that he hasn't sniffed, but we'll keep up our walks to make sure...

I'm looking forward to helping the 12th grade girls group from our church get ready for the My Closet clothes giveaway this Saturday. I'll get to help prepare the 'boutique' tomorrow and Friday.

My friend Sarah is supposed to move to rehab tomorrow. She's getting a little stronger every day. I hope to get down to see her on Saturday, and at least once a week thereafter. I'm trying to think of little 'happies' to take her, so if you know of some good ideas, let me know!

I'm thankful to be feeling better this week. Not having tests and being able to rest when needed and eat healthy food and take my vitamins and healthy supplements is helping a lot. Of course, the best medicine is prayer! I have an appointment with Dr Bob next Tuesday. I hope he's ready for me! I have lots of questions. Keep praying about what the best course of action is for me.

Elaine had gallbladder surgery today and is feeling better already. I'm so thankful that she found a doctor who would take care of her problem! I'm so glad for her.

I'm looking forward to Deanna to come home next week, too. I sure do miss her. I know the pets do, too. We can't wait!

I've been thinking a lot about the Covenant that God has made with us. It's so much more than just a gift from Him. I just love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment