Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday, Sept 26, 2009

Chillin' on a Saturday night, sippin' some hot green tea and reflecting...

It's been beautiful today. The weather is sunny and warm, but not too hot, just right. Jet and I took a nice little walk this evening. We haven't been walking for a few weeks and it was really nice. I hope we can walk everyday until the winter weather turns nasty. I've also been sitting outside on the patio a little more. I love being outside.

I'm feeling better now that I'm not doing some kind of nasty test every week or so. I didn't realize how much worse I was feeling just from the junk they were putting into my body for the scans. I'm back on my healthy supplements and, of course, healthy food. This has made me feel better, too. Dr O is ruling out one more thing this week and then Dr Bob will take over again. The saga continues, but I'm thankful to be feeling better now than when I was while going through all the tests. A few of the people I have fun into in the last few days have told me how much better I look. I think I look tired and haggard, so I must have REALLY looked BAD before! ha

Thursday, I got to spend some time with the Janes family and hold baby Phillip while he napped. He is so sweet! It was fun to see the kids and visit with Becca. I just love that family!

I got to spend some time at the Food Pantry yesterday. There wasn't much traffic, but it was a good time of sharing between workers. I also got to connect with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.

I spent a little time with my friend Sarah, who is in the hospital very ill recovering from surgery. God worked a huge miracle in her situation and she has a long way to go. It can only happen with God's hand of healing and comfort. I feel so helpless in not knowing what I can do to make her feel better. It's so overwhelming. But it makes me think about just how big God is. Not even this reaches His limits. I pray for extra grace for Sarah and her family. And I pray that God will show me how to be a blessing to them.

The revival starts tomorrow at my church (First Baptist, Rogers) and I'm excited to see the high energy of God working in hundreds of lives for the next few days. Pray that hearts will be open to hear Truth.

I'll be getting busy with the local mission stuff of fall. I'll help out with Thanksgiving meals (I've missed that while gone), a Coat drive, Christmas Blessings (Angel Tree and Food Baskets), etc. It's hard to believe it's time for all these things soon. The year is really flying by.

I'll keep working on my Spanish lessons. I feel a definite calling from God to work on this to be useful here in NW Arkansas, as well as what He has in store for me for the future. My deepest desire is to be useful to Him in whatever way He asks. I want to be prepared. Pray for me to learn, understand and retain the language.

I'm so thankful to all of you prayer partners and supporters who make it possible for me to be able to serve the Lord fulltime as a missionary here as well as away. I pray God's blessings on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment